Highlighted
by Nitecreeper
Visitor

upgrade from tmobile to EE sim

I've purchased to upgrade from a sim contract Tmobile to an EE one. However to use my new phone I purchased separately, I need a new sim.

However in the e-mail it states "

Just so you know
If you’re just upgrading your plan, we won’t need to send you a new SIM in the post. We’ll update the one you’re already using."

However other parts of the e-mail make it seem as though I'm getting a new SIM card sent to me.

Which is it? I just want to make sure I'm actually being sent a new sim card that I can put in my phone as it was suggested that moving from Tmobile to EE you would get a new sim card sent to you.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: upgrade from tmobile to EE sim

@Nitecreeper: You should be sent a new SIM as you're changing networks from 3G to 4G. For a normal upgrade within network you would not need a new SIM. Hence the statement you quote.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
1 REPLY 1
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: upgrade from tmobile to EE sim

@Nitecreeper: You should be sent a new SIM as you're changing networks from 3G to 4G. For a normal upgrade within network you would not need a new SIM. Hence the statement you quote.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.