by Charlie15 Contributor
Contributor

Re: Unable to top up

I too have the the same problem. When I call 450 or any of the other numbers offered, I get cut off. When I try and top up online, which I've always been able to do I am being told my telephone number has not been recognised. I've had this mobile number for some 14 years and not had a problem when it was Orange. I receive text messages to my phone so clearly I am 'on the system' but I have reached a stalemate as I can't use the phone to top up nor can I top up online as I the 'system' does't recognise my phoen number. I wrote a letter 2 weeks ago to which I have not had a reply. I am currently away from the UK so can't access a top up card or go into a shop to speak to anyone. This is really frustrating and I need help to get my account sorted out - please. 

8 REPLIES 8
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @Charlie15

try ringing 360 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Charlie15: Orange online access was removed Dec. 2017. The only way to manage your Orange a/c now is by text or phone. Have a read of Orange Your Account closure - explained .

There are other ways to be found in ways to top up and this will give you all the options that you need.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 0207 362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Charlie15 Contributor
Contributor

My phone won't allow me to connect to any of the numbers. I was cut off when speaking to someone and then up popped a text asking me for my opinion about the service and it said it was a free text to reply. Guess what I could not send a text. I had 60 seconds of talktime left which was wasted trying to get my phone topped up. 

Maybe if I tried to set up a completely new account with EE it might work but I doubt  it. I was led to believe that my orange account would just cross over to Orange. Why do I receive texts from Orange & EE and yet my telephone number is not recognised???? I can see that the only way I can get around this problem is by asking a friend in the UK to buy me a voucher so that I can put some credit on my phone. This is all very ridiculous for a long standing customer.

by Charlie15 Contributor
Contributor

Can I also say, and this is all detailed in the letter that I sent 2 weeks ago, that I spoke with someone using the number for calling from abroad. They insisted 

on knowing what method I used to top up my phone last and when. Fortunately I do keep records, many people don't, and as I was about to tell the gentleman, I told him it would take a moment for me to find out, I was summarily cut off. I called again and a lady answered, when I asked her to confirm her name I was once again cut off  and all of this used the last of my credit and now I can't use the phone at all. 360/450 none of them will connect. That is why I wrote hoping someone could do something about it as I am abroad. I have always been able to top up on line. It would have been nice to have been told that this facility is no longer available to me. Very restricting,

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You should Move to EE pay as you go & get £10 free credit into the bargain. This will put you on EE 4G.

Or you can wait until you are forcibly moved to EE 3G soon - see Orange pay as you go is moving to EE .

__________________________________________________________________________________________
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 0207 362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

This is a user discussion forum & can have no access to your specific account. No one here can fix your a/c, only advise you.

by Charlie15 Contributor
Contributor

Can I move to EE, using new account details but still retain my telephone number. This might solve the problem for me. I only want to top up my phone but all the avenues seem to be closed for me, given that I am not currently in the UK.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Charlie15.

Our customer care team will be able to move you over to EE when you are back in the UK.

They would be able to confirm what details they needed from you when you are able to get in touch.

Jon

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.