by C-D-B Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Re: Is My SIM Bust?

Please excuse me adding to this topic, but I still can't figure out how to start a new topic.

The New Topic is probably best called "How Did £14.08 disappear from my PAYG Balance?"

My Query is as follows:

I have Orange Racoon PAYG – and I rarely (if ever) send text messages.

My balance was £27.20 at 23/9/18 , then £13.12 at 19/11/18.

The Call Log on my phone shows non-zero duration voice calls as follows:

• 1 call received from UK mobile 29/8/18 duration 15 sec
  • 1 call to UK mobile 22/9/18 duration 44 sec
  • 1 call to UK landline 22/9/18 duration 1 min 5 sec
  • 1 call to UK landline 22/9/18 duration 12 sec
  • Nothing else. 

My Mother died on 22/9/18, so I am not best pleased at having to sort yet another possible EE ‘issue’.

Since EE have most deleted the Orange website - where I could previously track calls, texts, and costs - how can I now find where the ‘missing’ £14.08 went - without incurring extra costs and hours of my time?

Best Regards to all the experts out there - hope you can help as before

C-D-B

20 REPLIES 20
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @C-D-B.

Thanks for coming back to the community.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Do you have a recurring pack set up on the account?

Have you done anything other than calls on the phone?

Jon

Established Contributor

Hi Jon,

Thanks for responding.

I don't know what a recurring pack is, so it is unlikely that I set one up.

As far as I know, I have done nothing other than calls on the phone - and
two '450 BALANCE' texts to Orange / EE.

Best Regards . C-D-B
by

Thanks @C-D-B.

Have you tried contacting our customer service team so that they can have a look at your chargeable activities?

Jon

Established Contributor

Please excuse my slow response – I’m buried in paperwork sorting my Mum’s financial affairs following her recent decease.

I’m not keen on the suggestion to contact Customer Services (450 for Orange PAYG). When doing so in the past, I invariably got lost pressing various options buttons and ended up either where I started or else in a dead end with no way out except to hang up. Either way, it cost me a lot of time and money – and it seemed impossible to actually get through to talk to a human being.

Two further strange occurrences happened today 22/11/18:

First Strange Occurrence

My balance at 22/11/18 has ‘miraculously’ gone up to £27.00, which moreorless makes sense: I send one text every 3-4 months, most recently a day or two before 19/11/18, to prevent the SIM being disabled.

Second Strange Occurrence

My wife and I were woken at 7 am this morning by a text from EE to her mobile phone, stating:

Your Switch to EE has been completed & you balance is £7.60. Calls are 20p/min and texts are 15p each in the UK & EU. For more info visit ee.co.uk/oukswitchpayg. From EE 22/11/18”.

My wife was rather surprised to receive this text as she never asked EE to switch her.

Can anyone explain the two above ‘anomalies’?

FYI, we both stayed with Orange Mongoose PAYG as my understanding is that EE PAYG wipes out any balance at the end of each month, which is a rotten idea if (like us) you only use your mobile occasionally – typically spending less than £5 per month.

Best Regards to All … C-D-B

by

Hi @C-D-B.

Thanks for coming back.

I'm glad your credit is back, although that's strange that you lost it for a little while. Our customer service team will be the only team who can explain why this has happened, as they will have access to your account.

As for your wife's phone, it could be down to Orange pay as you go moving to EE.

Jon

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi EE pay as you go doesnt wipe your credit at the end of the month.

Established Contributor

Hi Jon_K

I'm pleased to get the credit back as well (!)

I don't have spare time to waste trying to extract an explanation (correct or otherwise) from  Customer Services. More to the point, I suspect it raises questions about the poor quality of EE accounting / billing software. As someone who started programming in 1971, I have seen this type of problem numerous times, and it can usually be traced back to bugs in the software.

Yes, I've just noticed that EE are compulsorily transferring Orange Users to EE accounts / tariffs - and will have a look at the impications for me and the Missus.

Best Regards ... C-D-B

Established Contributor

Hi Dai (and Jon_K),

Since I am going to be compulsorily transferred from Orange to an EE account, I will find out the hard way whether or not end-of month credits get wiped by EE. I think EE's references to 7-day and 30-day 'packs' might be the cause for my confusion.

Within the UK, Orange Mongoose was / is 15p per text & 22p voice per minute.

If I understand EE's webpage correctly, they propose to charge me the same for text but a massively unimpressive 35p or 75p voice per minute. If I am wrong on this please correct me.

Best Regards ... C-D-B

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

It havent been 22p a min for years 

Established Contributor

Dear Dai and Jon_K.

Thank you for your reply, which leaves me a bit puzzled. Perhaps we are talking about different things?

I checked my Orange Mongoose PAYG credit balance (£27.00) yesterday, then phoned my home landline and spoke to my wife for 10-20 seconds, then hung up, then checked my credit balance (£26.78) again. The call from my Orange Mongoose PAYG mobile to my home landline had cost 22p.

Best Regards ... C-D-B

by

Hello there @C-D-B

Thanks for coming back to us.

Our EE Pay as you go packs explained Help page, provides full information on EE packs and how they work.

If you had a pack each week or month depending on what pack you had, credit would be required for the pack to start.

Any remaining credit would not be removed.

Thanks. Leanne.

Established Contributor

Hi All,

I have created an EE online account as it seems the only way I can check usage (indiviual texts / calls).

Logging on to the website today to explore it a bit more fully, I can see the "Orange Migration Transfer" credit (22/11/18) of £7.96.

However, there is an additional Payment History item listed: a "OUK Electronic Top Up Card (ETU/Swipe Card) credit amout of £20 (also 22/11/18), but this is not showing in the credit balance which - peculiarly - is £7.81.

Please could someone explain what is happening?

Best Regards C-D-B

by

Hi there @c-b-D

Thanks for coming back to us.

If you give us a call our customer service team will be able to get this looked into and answer your question.

Leanne.

Established Contributor

Telephone calls tend to be inconclusive - hence unsatisfactory. Also I don't
think fast enough to recognise when I am sometimes being given the old
runaround

Is there a way my query can be forwarded to Customer Services, so that they
can reply by email?

C-D-B
by

Hi @C-D-B

Thanks for coming back to me.

Sorry we have no account access you would need to call to get your account looked into.

They will have all the information needed to answer your question. 

Thanks, Leanne.

Established Contributor

Technical Chat is currently Busy

What a surprise (!)

C-D-B
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi you would need to speak with the services team if you ring 0800 956 6000 opt 2 opt 4 it will get you through to someone.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

did you get your credit back ?

Established Contributor

Dai,

Thank you for your two helpful posts. Yes I have got the proper credit balance back on my Orange Racoon PAYG phone.

Thank you also for the 0800 number for contacting EE - I am a bit deaf, so much prefer to phone from a landline than from a mobile. Regarding the 'funnies' I asked help about - including the 'strange top up', you may find my notes (below) on the telephone conversation with EE customer services of interest.

• The total call lasted 43 minutes (!)

• The first line guy couldn’t explain anything so passed me on to second-line Kevin.

• Whereas the first line guy attributed the £20 top up as a system error, Kevin said that it was the most recent top up (several weeks ago, maybe longer) when my wife last swiped her Orange Top Card Card – and that EE had somehow picked this up when forcibly transferring her phone to EE.

• Kevin stated that the surname on the account was mine, but the first name was not – additionally both the first line guy & Kevin were expecting an alphabetic password which EE had not sent – either by email to me or by text to my wife.

• Eventually Kevin and I caught on that EE had labelled the Account in the name of my son (who had bought the mobile for my wife years ago) – and that my son or wife may (or may not) still  have the years-old sought-after password.

• It appears that my son and I would have to phone EE together to authorise change of name from his to mine. Kevin offered to phone me back, but I explained that I might not have time for several days / weeks, so would phone him back maybe in a few days / weeks.

I am surprised that, since I created an EE online account and then 'imported' my wife's ex Orange PAYG Racoon phone, that the Orange information was allowed to overwrite what I input when creating the EE account.

When EE transfer my own Orange Racoon PAYG phone to EE - and I subsequently 'import' it into my EE account - maybe they will overwrite the information they imported from my wife's phone?

Who Knows!! Or perhaps some of your EE Community Experts can comment / advise?

Best Regards to All - and wishing you a Happy Advent ... C-D-B

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.