by alangnw Investigator
Investigator

Orange switch PAYG to EE

Have been wading through previous answers and hard to find what I want to know amongst the disgruntled customers so I thought I'd start a new thread.

1. I understand it happens automatically and I'll keep my number (which I've had since the early days of Orange!). Is this correct?

2. I understand the credit I have will be moved onto an EE account, I tried to set up an EE account but it won't recognize my number. Will that change once moved? Plus, if there's no account there to attach it to how can this happen (I have around £60 on my account I'll be pretty upset if I lose!).

3. I spend most of my time out of the country so this is my second SIM and I'm a VERY light user (tends to not be much more than receiving texts for online banking validation and the like and the very occasional call). I just want simple PAYG along the lines I have now. EE 'packs' would just be a waste of money for me as they'd expire before use. Is it possible not to have to buy them and just top up when needed as I always have done via the website (if so where can I find the T&Cs for use in this way).

Bottom line is I don't want to lose my number, and I don't want to be forced into buying 'packs' I won't use....

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Orange switch PAYG to EE

1. Yes. You'll keep your no.
  2. Yes. You can't register an Orange no. to MyEE at the mo', but you will be able when you are moved to EE 3G. Your credit remains on your SIM & its no.
  3. Yes. Just text STOP PACK to 150 as soon as you are moved to EE 3G. Regarding being abroad for long periods, EE's Stable Links Policy requires you to use your SIM in the UK for at least 2 months in any 4.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

1. Yes. You'll keep your no.
  2. Yes. You can't register an Orange no. to MyEE at the mo', but you will be able when you are moved to EE 3G. Your credit remains on your SIM & its no.
  3. Yes. Just text STOP PACK to 150 as soon as you are moved to EE 3G. Regarding being abroad for long periods, EE's Stable Links Policy requires you to use your SIM in the UK for at least 2 months in any 4.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

View solution in original post

by alangnw Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for that...

Hmmmmnnn, number 3. Looks like I might have to shop around. It's essential I keep the number for online banking.

Anyone know if there might be a workaround?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

For what?

by alangnw Investigator
Investigator

I'm assuming from what you said about the 'stable links policy' EE shuts me down/takes my number if I don't spend two months out of four in the UK?

I don't. I move between Europe the, The US and the middle east most of the year. In the last decade I have not spent two months a year, let alone two out of every four in the UK.

I really can't lose the number or risk it for all the reasons I mentioned earlier.

Thank you so much for the the reply, really do appreciate it.....

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance.

As I read it the only penalty for breaking EE's Stable Links policy from the EU only is a surcharge of 0.60 p / 1 KB data used & none foe calls & texts. Read it yourself in EE pay as you go roaming T&Cs .

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.