by TerryM Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Re: Orange pay as you go is moving to EE

I was forcefully migrated over from my Orange plan. I had 'Out Here' which was a lifetime add-on purchased seperatley. I lost the lot without even the Reward plan offered to me when EE took over. I was very annoyed at losing my plan which had done me fine with Orange for years. I did not want to look for a new plan but was left no choice. 

by elbow-patch Established Contributor
Established Contributor

This is really useful to know - thanks. 

On this point, does anyone know if there any concrete timescales for customers being moved-onto EE, or is it just 'as and when' it happens (only I'm assuming that there can't be many of us left on orange now!)? 

Established Contributor

I've had mixed experiences with their customer support - and I suspect the 'flaws'/failings in the service provided by the individual staff at the call centres/shops are a consequence the staff being briefed/instructed to try and shift everyone onto EE/particular EE products and, as such, they go down the 'hard sell' route for those products - which isn't necessarily what the customer wants.  This is a pity as, on a couple of occasions in the past, I've got through to a call centre where, both times, the staff were amazingly helpful (by their accents, I'd assume the call centre was based in the North East).  Equally, I've had experiences where the in-store staff fed me a load of nonsense to try and get me to go on a particular package, and the call-centre staff have not been receptive to what I was saying, but just tried to switch me onto EEs preferred pack/plan.    

by carrotmuseum Established Contributor
Established Contributor

EE's attitude to the closure of Orange has been, quite frankly, bombastic, inattentive, smug and couldn't care less. This is how EE is going "forward" take it or leave it. No sympathy, empathy or plain and simple help!

So it is up to you either continue with this company on their terms, bearing in mind how poorly us Orange customers have been treated (in my case a 10 year+ customer) or leave them and tell them categorically why you are leaving. it's a very competitive market and several others compete well.  EE got it all wrong.

by TerryM Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Thank You Carrotmuseum, you have hit the nail on the head. You can find plenty of disgruntled ex-Orange customers here in the comments boards if you look about, some that have been 19 years or longer, just shown out the door due to the take it or leave it attitude of the management. The service here stinks and the Ombudsman takes sides with the companies, as although supposed to be independent from them, are rewarded by those same communications companies, so there is no justification or satisfaction taken by getting the Ombudsman to intervene, in fact EE takes pride in telling you to go to the ombudsman at the first opportunity it has. It is like the way the country has been heading for years with corruption at every turn. A sad way to end my 19 excellent years with Orange. Oh, and EE migrating customers over from Orange and T-Mobile in batches has lessened their chances of a large group taking offence all at the same time! Clever this was!

by carrotmuseum Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I am pretty sure droves of former Orange customers have been driven away
and never to return. My business teaching always said you have to gain
repeat custom to succeed. EE simply follow the reverse.

Totally blinkered approach to change they c*** all over existing customers.
So my advice is GOODBYE
by 5tt
Visitor

Hi Terrym I was also an Orange Out There PAYG customer & have today (10/06/2019) just found out that my 5 free texts/day have been stopped. I was notified, sometime in March, that I had been moved to EE & told the cost of calls & texts.Never was I told that the 5 free texts had been stopped. I did visit my local EE store, after the change, who confirmed that my 5 free texts were unaffected. Speaking to customer services I was informed that the Out There package was a contract with Orange & I had no contract with EE. EE have owned orange since 2011 & have honoured the 5 free texts since then. I cannot see how changing from the Orange network to the EE network should remove my Out There package. If the Orange network could be configured to handle this package surely the EE network can be configured to do so. 

I will be seeking advice  on the issue.

Established Contributor

This sort of behaviour from EE is a prime example of them 'getting it wrong'.  The cost to EE of honouring a 'five free texts a day' offer/initiative given under Orange must be negligible to the company - yet they're seemingly unperturbed by the possibility of generating a whole load of ill-will amongst affected customers, and the associated risk of losing these customers.  It just screams out 'bad business practice'.  Yet EE just don't seem to care - unlike Orange who were really 'on the ball', and who constantly had a stream of good offers and initiatives (hence why they were so successful).   

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.