by acepaul Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Re: Orange pay as you go is moving to EE

You spoke to the CEO of EE??  Marc allera, he doesn’t have a spine, sorry damm auto correct, he doesn’t speak to people or reply to tweets.

have you got his number please?

Thanks 

PAYING ORANGE “OUT HERE” CUSTOMER WHO WAS ROBBED FROM IT BY EE NEVER TRY TOO COMMICATE TO “MA” HE IS TO RUDE TO REPLY
by TerryM Established Contributor
Established Contributor

The way the Executive Customer Relations Team staff are just pulling the blinds down on the Orange Customers that have been forcibly migrated over to EE by not ensuring their PAYG plans continue is unfair and appalling. Those complaints are falling on deaf ears. They just don't care how this is affecting those customers.

As an 'Out Here' plan customer I am now also forced to take the complaint about my loss of service forward to the Communications Ombudsman, as of 07/03/19 . I now encourage anyone else migrated over who has suffered a loss to their service by this process to take their complaint to EE through https://www.resolver.co.uk/complaints/telecoms-complaints the free online complaints tool. Once you receive a deadlock letter you can then immediately progress to https://www.ombudsman-services.org/ without needing to wait for a prompt. 

by carrotmuseum Established Contributor
Established Contributor

What pack is the nearest replacement for the former Orange dolphon pack?  Why are yo uso coy about telling customers this?

Established Contributor

Everyone talks about the the great EE pay as you go packs BUT where are they explained. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Afternoon @carrotmuseum

Within the online shop you can see the current pay as you go packs.

If you select you're budget it will show the packs available and what they include. 

I hope this helps, 

Katie 🙂

Established Contributor

Not really. All I want to know is what is the cost of straight pay as you -
no packs - no contract. i am a very low user. Feels like EE do not want my
sort. Worked fine in Orange and you are forcing me to move to a competitor!
by

Hi @carrotmuseum

You can find full information regarding standard charges on pay as you go within this price guide.

Thanks, 

Katie 🙂

Established Contributor

Yep, they seem quite happy to lose former Orange customers. Shows what a
caring company they are not!

Virus-free.
www.avg.com

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
Established Contributor

Move to 1p mobile, a lot cheaper and it's run bt EE

Virus-free.
www.avg.com

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
by rollonso
Visitor

I was moved to EE in February and was previously on a Doplphin package. In the information published by the EE Support team on this thread (and also here https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/general/switching-to-ee-from-orange/payg)  it says:

'Canary and Dolphin Top-Up Rewards

If you used to get Orange Top-Up Rewards, you’ll get even more extra data, minutes or texts once you top up when you move to EE. The only difference is that they’ll start on the first day of each month and last for 30 days.

If you were on Dolphin – when you top £10 you’ll get 1GB and 400 texts and when you top up £20 you’ll get 3GB and unlimited texts.'

However for the 2 months I have been migrated to EE I have not received these. The first month after calling 150 the data and texts were added on. However I have just called 150 again today to be told that these are no longer available, with the colleague pushing very hard to try and get me onto an EE package instead of trying to resolve my issue.

How do i go about getting my Dolphin package regularly added as stated across multiple EE sources without having to partake in 150 helpline roulette each month, which also costs 25p each time for the coutesy of calling to receive 'help'?

by

Hi there @rollonso

I am sorry to hear this.

I have sent you a private message on here to get some details.

Leanne 🙂

Established Contributor

Orange extras have been removed when being forced over to EE. I lost mine along with everyone else and kept getting the push to accept the EE PAYG which is not as good as what we had with Orange. You have to accept it or move elsewhere unfortunately.

by elbow-patch Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi there, is the information here still current?  I'm enquiring as, I'm presently on Orange Dolphin (on an old handset which I own, that hosts a 'large' sim).  I've just been given a new-to-me handset that requires a nano-sim so I phoned EE/Orange customer services to ask if I could be issued a replacement sim (on the same dolphin PAYG plan) that I could use in this handset. 
Specifically, I asked, "May I have a replacement sim, that's the same as the one I have apart from its size (i.e. a nano sim on the Orange dolphin PAYG plan)?",  The answer given was, "No, Orange is closing, we are not issuing Orange sims".  I then enquired (in the context of the information in the post of 06/07/18), "If there's no more Orange, can I move to EE PAYG Dolphin?".  The answer given was, "No, we are not doing that, only the EE packs [which the customer services operative then went on to detail]".  This appears to be in contrast to the information in the post of 06/07/18 - or is it the case that 'EE dolphin PAYG' exists for users who are automatically transferred from Orange to EE but, for customers who want to transfer from Orange PAYG dolphin to EE PAYG Dolphin, it isn't possible to do so?  Which appears a little unfair.  If this is the case, are there any known timescales for the compulsory transferring over from Orange to EE?    

Established Contributor

All Orange PAYG and contract plans have seized now. EE, is the same company as Orange but has taken the decision to close Orange down to make the company more streamlined.  Everyone was offered a new EE plan and it was decided it would not be possible to keep the old plans. Customers were given the choice to start a new EE plan (which are mainly more expensive than Orange) or leave and go elsewhere. If you want to go elsewhere you can ask for a code to transfer your own number to your new supplier which is called a Port Authorisation Code (PAC). https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/getting-started-and-upgrading/keep-my-number/what-is-a-pac-code

Established Contributor

Thanks for your reply; the thing is, if I text 'number' to 150 (which I've just done now to check), the reply comes back "Your mobile number is 07********* and you're on an orange plan".  Equally, when I top-up I get "Thanks - you've just topped up by £XX and you've now got £XX.XX on your Orange plan."  As such, it would seem that Orange hasn't yet ceased for me.  Moreover, I've not had any contact from EE with any offers (although, if it's the choice of a refund of mobile credit or one of the new EE plans/packs, I'd take the refund).  Equally, a family member is currently on EE Dolphin PAYG (having been transferred over compulsorily from Orange [Dolphin PAYG] earlier this year) - so are those plans going to be closed down also do you know?  I know EE aren't a charity and want to maximise their profits, but they do seem to have alienated a number of [Orange] customers by their behaviour.   

by

Afternoon @elbow-patch

Thanks for coming to the community.

If you give us a call our Pay as you go Care team will be able to check your account and let you know what pack is available for you with your replacement EE SIM card.

Leanne.

Established Contributor

Hi Leanne, 

Thank you for taking the trouble to reply.  However, calling the number provided was the route I went down this morning and, under the assumption that the person I spoke to knew what they were talking about/didn't misrepresent the situation, I'll just stick with what I've got given I'm not tempted by the EE packs available .  As such, when I get transferred over to EE, I'll see whether I get moved onto 'EE 3g PAYG Dolphin reward plan' (as detailed, I know I've been told today this is no longer a prescribed outcome, but it is what a family member experienced and what is outlined in the quasi-official EE pronouncement in this thread).  And, if not, I'll see what else is out there.   

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@elbow-patch I would hang fire wait for your number to be moved to EE 3G then get the replacement EE sim.

by u7clo

I'm still a bit confused by all this.

I'm currently on Orange Dolphin.

Under the section "Will I lose my Orange rewards?", it says "If you were on Dolphin – when you top £10 you’ll get 1GB and 400 texts and when you top up £20 you’ll get 3GB and unlimited texts."

Currently on Orange Dolphin, when I top up £10, I get 1GB and 400 texts and get to keep my £10 credit on my account.  

Will this still be the case once I am automatically migrated to EE?

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @u7clo 

Welcome to the EE Community,

If your migrated to EE 3G you will be placed on the reward plan if you switch to EE yourself you will need to use packs.

Thanks,

David.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.