by
EE Community Support Team

Orange pay as you go is moving to EE

Orange has been part of the EE family for many years and over the coming months, our Orange pay as you go plans will be switching over to shiny new EE 3G plans. As loyal Orange customers, we want to assure you that the move will be as seamless as possible.

We realise change can throw up questions, and the EE Community is always here for you to ask, answer, learn and share your most pressing queries. Here are some answers to the most popular questions.

Will my Orange mobile number change?

No. Your Orange mobile number will still stay the same once you’re on EE.

Am I getting a new SIM card?

The switch over from Orange pay as you go to EE aims to be simple, so your current SIM card won’t need to be changed. However, if you want to change to one of our great EE 4G plans, we will send you a new SIM card.

What if I don't want to be switched over to EE?

Orange pay as you go plans are closing so all customers will be switched to EE. If you really don't want to switch you can call us on 150 to discuss other options or disconnecting your number.

What if I’m travelling abroad while the switch is happening?

There’s a small chance you may experience a loss of service. Always try restarting your phone if this happens. If you’re planning to travel abroad within the next few months we recommend checking our roaming rates to see if the charges will change.

What is a ‘pack’ and how is it different to my Orange ‘plan’?

EE packs give you better value for money. They’re cheaper than standard pay as you go rates, and bundle allowances together, so no matter what your priority – be it chatting or using data – you’ll find the right pack for you.

You can buy a pack that lasts for either seven or 30 days. It will automatically renew using the credit on your account so make sure to keep topped up. You can also set up recurring card payments with your debit or credit card so that you automatically pay for your 30 day pack.

The longer you buy packs for, the better they get. For every three months that you buy a pack, you’ll be able to choose a Free Boost for either your data allowance or your minutes. It’s our way of saying thanks for staying with us.

Check out the packs you can choose from.

Will I lose my Orange credit when I switch over?

No. Your credit will move with you and you’ll be able to choose one of our great value packs.

Will topping up be different?

If you top up using a registered credit or debit card, it’ll move to EE and you can use it as normal; the same applies if you used a top-up card. If it’s not working, try re-registering before you top up.

The easiest way to top up is by registering for My EE, which you can do online or by downloading the app. There are plenty of other benefits that come with a My EE account, including checking your usage and remaining top up credit.

If you’ve used My EE in the past with Orange, you’ll need to re-register.

Will I lose my Orange rewards?

Canary and Dolphin Top-Up Rewards

If you used to get Orange Top-Up Rewards, you’ll get even more extra data, minutes or texts once you top up when you move to EE. The only difference is that they’ll start on the first day of each month and last for 30 days.

If you were on Canary – when you top up £10 you’ll get 100 mins and 100 texts and when you top up £20 you’ll get 300 mins and 300 texts.

If you were on Dolphin – when you top £10 you’ll get 1GB and 400 texts and when you top up £20 you’ll get 3GB and unlimited texts.

Pay as you go packs are great value but they’re not compatible with these reward plans. To get a pack you will need to call 150 and speak to someone from our teams.

Will I lose any saved voicemails?

No. Your Orange voicemails and settings will remain as before but instead of caling 123 to listen to your voicemails you will now call 222 instead.

What Orange mobile services will I lose?

Luckily there are plenty of new features that you’ll be able to enjoy as part of the EE family, however the following Orange mobile services will cease to exist:

• Magic Numbers (see below for more info)
  • Reserve Tank
  • Call Waiting
  • Call Hold
  • Direct Debit top-ups
  • Orange Text Alerts
  • Orange Plus services and subscriptions including horoscopes and football scores

What will happen to my Magic Numbers?

Your Orange Magic Numbers will cease to exist once you’ve been switched over. EE packs include calls to all UK mobile and landline numbers, so you won't need Magic Numbers any more.

What should I do if my phone doesn't work after the switch?

Always try restarting your phone first, if it is still not working EE will get you up and running again as soon as possible - you just need to call us on 0800 079 5327.

Am I now eligible for 4G?

After the switch you’ll be using EE’s 3G network. If you want to take advantage of more 4G than anywhere else (with the fastest speeds in the UK), all you need to do is choose a 4G plan. It’ll mean getting a new 4G SIM card and (if you don’t already have one) a 4G compatible device.

Check out our online shop if you fancy treating yourself to an upgrade.

21 REPLIES 21
by orangesx Contributor
Contributor

Re: Orange pay as you go is moving to EE

I don't want to buy packs. Can the move be to the SIM only offering?

by

Hi there @orangesx

Thanks for posting on the community.

If you would like to move to an EE SIM Only pay monthly account, give us a call and we will get this looked into for you.

Have a lovely weekend Smiley Happy

by Technom8 Contributor
Contributor

Is T-Mobile moving to EE too?

by Technom8 Contributor
Contributor

Re: moving orange payg to EE payg

Is T-Mobile moving to EE too?

by

Hi @Technom8,

We currently don’t have any plans to make any changes for our legacy T-Mobile customers. 

Thanks for your question.

James

by orangesx Contributor
Contributor

I don't want a pay monthly account, just a pay as you go account, on which I can hold credit and pay when I send a text or make a call. Don't you have this option?

Highlighted
by

Good Morning @orangesx.

Yes, you can get a pay as you go account on EE.

You can order a SIM in our online shop or visit your local EE store to pick one up Smiley Happy

Jon

by ianwarburton4
Explorer

I have an Orange "Out here" package which I do not want to loose. There is no mention of the Out Here package - can you confirm that this is not affected?

Thanks

by

Good Afternoon @ianwarburton4.

Welcome to the community. Smiley Happy

Have you received a text message asking you to move to EE?

All orange pay as you go plans are closing and being moved to EE.

We have some great pay as you go packs available.  

Katie.

by ianwarburton4
Explorer

I have received the text message, but I cannot find any mention of the Orange "Out Here" package.

The Orange Out Here deal is not part of Dolphin etc, it was a one off purchase made which allows the user 5 free SMS messages a day. 

Therefore I would appreciate it if you can confirm that I will continue to receive 5 free SMS text messages a day once the change to EE is completed.

Thanks,

Ian

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Unfortunately once you have moved over it will no longer be available.

by M005 Investigator
Investigator

I'm trying to register for myEE but it won't recognise my Orange number - what do I do ?

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@M005online services for Orange customers were stopped in 2017.

once your number is migrated from Orange to EE you will be able to access MyEE.

by Technom8 Contributor
Contributor

I asked a simple question prior (26-10-2018 04:47 AM) Is T-Mobile moving to EE too? replies "We currently don’t have any plans to make any changes for our legacy T-Mobile customers". 

@James_B  CORRECTION!!!! Acording to EE they currently do have plans to make  changes for legacy T-Mobile customers this year!!!

This is why 'My T-Mobile' online account closes on 28th of February. You won't be able to access your account online after this date!!! This is excatly what they did to legacy Orange customers on December 2017 then 6 months after

EE  alerted Orange customers saying they will be closing and moving to EE.

James_B you have obviously given me the incorect info, why didn't you do a bit of research before answering my question.

by

Hi @Technom8,

Welcome back to the community.

The information I gave you back in October was correct at that time.

When the decision was made to close My T-Mobile, we communicated this directly to affected customers.

Thanks

James

by Technom8 Contributor
Contributor

@ James _B Don't cover up!!! The info you gave me back in October 2018 was incorrect, at that time your exact words were "We currently don't have any plans to make any changes for our legacy T-MOBILE customers". You've just contradicted yourself, make your mind up!!

T-Mobile did have plans to move legacy T-mobile customers from exactly the same time they moved Orange I was aware of this in December 2017 (EE informed me of this) so James, your info was incorrect, you obviously didn't know what you were talking about (as I said prior) in future try doing a bit of reseach.

It's pointless answering a question if you haven't a clue MATE.

Thanks

Technom8

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

T-Mobile tariffs are staying as they are. Only online account access is being disabled.

by Technom8 Contributor
Contributor

@ColourzenI don't know where you are getting your info from try reading my previous post you might learn something as your info is incorrect.

I have advance info here!!! I've spoken to the CEO of EE who claims My T-Mobile' online account will close on 28th of February and 6 months after closing T-mobile online accounts, T-mobile pay as you go will be closing too!! (they did the the same to legacy Orange customers in December 2017 then 6 months later EE alerted Orange customers they will be closing and moving to EE).

They are tranfering everyone to EE!! The Orange transfer is now complete.

Just remember where you heard it 1st!!

Thanks

Technom8

by TerryM Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Technom8 wrote:

@ James _B Don't cover up!!! The info you gave me back in October 2018 was incorrect, at that time your exact words were "We currently don't have any plans to make any changes for our legacy T-MOBILE customers". You've just contradicted yourself, make your mind up!!

T-Mobile did have plans to move legacy T-mobile customers from exactly the same time they moved Orange I was aware of this in December 2017 (EE informed me of this) so James, your info was incorrect, you obviously didn't know what you were talking about (as I said prior) in future try doing a bit of reseach.

It's pointless answering a question if you haven't a clue MATE.

Thanks

Technom8

This is happening with the Orange migration over to EE and us Orange 'Out Here' plan customers are being ripped off by EE (a part of Orange) as they are not continuing with the plan we paid Orange for or at least trying not to by stating they know nothing about the 'Out Here' plan. Ombudsman is beckoning!

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.