Highlighted
by AndJack Investigator
Investigator

Orange PAYG to EE

I have had a message that my Orange PAYG will be transferred to EE soon.  I have looked at the options and was wondering if this was possible to do:

There is an option on the EE site to transfer to EE from an old Orange number and get a free £10 credit.  If I do this and then decide after a few months that the monthly pack is not suitable, can I then revert to a basic sim with no monthly top-up and minutes etc.  I have read that I can text STOP PACK before a new month starts but does any remaining credit on the sim remain and allow it to be used as a (EE) PAYG again?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by AndJack Investigator
Investigator
Solution

Re: Orange PAYG to EE

Spoke to customer services just now. Helpful and informative.

As I was not sure of the  exact credit balance on the orange account, a credit of £5 is being added.

The balance is apparently showing differently because of the £10 credit that only last 60 days and is separated off to use first.  The full balance will not reduce until all of that free credit is used or the time elapses whichever comes first.

Hopefully all sorted then now.

11 REPLIES 11
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @AndJack

Yes, you can move your number on EE pay as you go.

Regarding £10 free credit, you can only use that for call or text, you can not use that credit to buy add-on or pack.

Now about packs, if you decide you want to use your pay when you use you can send text Stop to 150 and you pack will not renew automatically.

Any remaining credit you can use for call and text, but for data, you need to buy data add-on.

Many thanks,

https://shop.ee.co.uk/plans-and-packs/pay-as-you-go-packs/move-to-ee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

All EE PAYG SIMs come primed with a recurring Pack of allowances ready to bought out of your PAYG credit as soon as it is sufficient.

By texting AL to 150 it should show you the Pack you have bought with your credit & how much you have left from your allowances until its expiry date.

Text STOP PACK to 150 before you next top-up & your credit will remain to be used as normal PAYG at standard per-unit rates.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by AndJack Investigator
Investigator

Just to update.  I completed the online request for my orange to EE sim swap on 9th December and had a confirmation email through.  The email said 5 working days for the new sim to arrive, unfortunately I've yet to receive it.

In the meatime I have had two text messages from EE saying the automatic changeover is delayed, no reason given.  My sim is still working as normal but should I query why the new EE sim has not arrived yet?  If yes, how?

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Evening @AndJack

I would recommend giving us a call so we can chase this for you. 

Is this for pay monthly or pay as you go?

Speak soon, Katie 🙂

by AndJack Investigator
Investigator

As you suggested, I have called through to customer services.

I was told they had no record of my requesting the orange PAYG to EE sim swap online.

It is now being sent within the next few days after going through the details over the phone.  

by AndJack Investigator
Investigator

Wow has this been hard work.  Another update to the saga:smileyfrustrated:

Finally the new EE sim card arrived on 22nd December which I loaded into my phone.  The £10 free credit as advertised was included (which only lasts 60 days - that information was hidden away somewhere in the small print ! !) 

On the 24th, my old orange telephone number and credit still hadn't been ported over.  

I called customer services again.  The operator was adamant that I needed the pac code to port the number.  Finally after they queried it with another staff member, the reponse changed and I was told the number transfer had been delayed and due to the Christmas period would not transfer until 26th or 27th December.  

The number actually transferred on the 25th but my old credit balance did not.  Meaning I'll have to call customer service yet again find out why as I don't think it will appear on its own now.

In the meantime, perhaps someone could explain the meaning of the message from texting BALANCE to 150 :  Your current balance as of today 21:04 is £10.01.  You have £9.85 remaining until 19/02/2019 for your £10 free credit for 60 days.  When I log on to My EE account, it just says £10.01 credit balance.  Surely the balance should just be £9.85 as I have sent one text message at 15p.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@AndJack the credit normally gets added within 24 hours after the number being migrated.

by AndJack Investigator
Investigator

Still no previous credit added. It is now 48 hrs since the number porting.

Anyone advise on the meaning of the balance message please?

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@AndJack ring customer services on 0800 956 6000 opt 2 opt 4 from a landline

by AndJack Investigator
Investigator
Solution

Spoke to customer services just now. Helpful and informative.

As I was not sure of the  exact credit balance on the orange account, a credit of £5 is being added.

The balance is apparently showing differently because of the £10 credit that only last 60 days and is separated off to use first.  The full balance will not reduce until all of that free credit is used or the time elapses whichever comes first.

Hopefully all sorted then now.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@AndJack glad it's finally been sorted for you.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.