by TP1
Explorer

Orange Out Here

Hi All,

Been transferred today from 'Orange Out Here Talk & Save' to EE 3G plan on my personal phone.

Called EE prior to being forcibly transferred over to the new plan and the operator stated although I was being transferred over to EE 3G PAYG plan, I could not legally be made to be be worse off.

Any ideas how I would/should inherit the benefits of 'Orange Out Here' on the new EE 3G PAYG plan?

i.e. 5 free text messages a day.

Two x 30 second reserve calls when talk time has ran out.

As mentioned this is my personal phone that was previously on, 'Orange Out Here Talk & Save'.

Have a work phone on a contract with EE, also my little girl and both my parents are on EE PAYG which I pay for too.

I'd prefer to keep everything as is if I can receive the benefits of 'Orange Out Here' on my personal phone.

Tried calling EE this morning, but eventually gave up due to the call wait time being ridiculous excessively.

Visited a high-street shop and as I use next to no data at all, they suggested going over to another network sim only deal or a shared family deal, again on another network for my family and include a phone for work in that too. 

However as I have said, I'd prefer to keep the status quo as I have experienced very little problems/issues over the last 20 years being with Orange.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Orange Out Here

@TP1 wrote:

I could not legally be made to be be worse off.

Not true! Of course you can. EE can change your conditions at any time to be detrimental to yourself by giving you suitable notice. You do not have to take up the EE 3G offer and instead leave to a diff network.

None of the special Orange features will carry forward to EE except the Orange Top-Up Rewards.

The announcement Orange pay as you go is moving to EE should provide you with more info.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by TP1
Explorer

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my post.

However shouldn't at least the balance of credit I did have been transferred over from Orange to EE?

I received a text this morning saying one amount, but when I call 150 it states I only have £0.25 balance?

And therefore I'm unable to make a call as apparently I have insufficient funds.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Ring 0800 079 5327 that will get you through to someone for free.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Did you manage to speak with anyone ?

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.