by jcd2 Investigator
Investigator

I'm moving over from t-mobile to ee. Will i lose my t-mobile credit?

I'm moving over from t-mobile to ee.  Will i lose my t-mobile credit?

13 REPLIES 13
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: I'm moving over from t-mobile to ee. Will i lose my t-mobile credit?

Hi @jcd2

Welcome to the EE Community,

No you wont lose any credit when your number moves to your new sim.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Not as long as you just transfer your no. to EE & not buy any-old EE SIM.

To switch to EE PAYG use Move to EE pay as you go From Orange and T-Mobile & get £10 free credit to boot.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by jcd2 Investigator
Investigator

Hi XRaySpeX, thank you for your reply.  I've received a new SIM and thought I had ordered one with the £10 free credit on already, but the instructions say 'Pop it in, Register for MyEE, Pay for your pack'.  I'm assuming by these instructions I've asked for the wrong SIM?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Looks like it. If you didn't order it from the link I gave but just from new PAYG SIMs in the EE Shop it won't have that £10 free credit on it.

Where you ordered it from, did you have to give your existing no?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by jcd2 Investigator
Investigator

Yes, it asked me to input my existing number.  I thought I had followed the correct thread at the time.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@jcd2 if you entered your current number then when you pop the EE sim into your phone it should move your number over.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Ah, you should be OK. It's asking you to 'Pay for your pack' as the £10 free credit is only given to you to make chargeable calls & texts, not for buying packs. It wants you to top-up with some of your own money so the pack can be bought. IMHO it's a bit of a swizz really :(.

What exactly does texting AL to 150 report?

by jcd2 Investigator
Investigator

Ok.  Thanks, David_C.

by jcd2 Investigator
Investigator

It gives me a balance, but I haven't been keeping an eye on my balance and don't use it up very quickly so I can't tell if any free money has been added.  But it's over £10. I'm going to give it a go. Thanks for your help.

by jcd2 Investigator
Investigator

Does this happen straight away?  As I've put in my new SIM and got a text saying my balance is zero. I had had a balance of over £16 on my T-Mobile account.  I've put the old SIM back in and the correct credit is back.

Highlighted
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@jcd2 it shouldn't take that long but sometimes can take up to 24 hours.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@jcd2 if it dont move across I would give customer services a call on 150 or ring freephone 0800 956 6000 opt 2 opt 4 

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @jcd2

I can see you have been given some fantastic support from both @David_C and @XRaySpeX

If your balance has not transferred over, I would recommend getting in touch with our mobile care team. 

Please keep us updated with how you get on, 

Katie 🙂

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.