by Georgexx Investigator
Investigator

scam

Received the text:   E.E:We were unable to process your latest bill. In order to avoid fees Please login at via: **** to update your information From ****

I have looked at the online community and my account and it is clearly an attempted fraud. I have taken your advice and forwarded the text to yourselves but how it is that fraudsters can know that I am an EE customer using my phone number (which is not with EE)?

Has there been a data breach of EE systems?  And if not, how else could that happen and how can it be prevented? 

Thank you

**Mod note** contact information removed for security reasons

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: scam

Hi @Georgexx.

Thanks for forwarding this onto the relevant number to be investigated further.

This isn't a data breach from the EE systems, fraudsters may try this with none EE users too.

Jon

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
by

Good Morning @Georgexx

Thanks for coming to the community and flagging this with us. 

Now that you have reported this by forwarding the message to 7726, the relevant department will be able to look into this. 

Katie 🙂

by Georgexx Investigator
Investigator

Hi Katie- I have done this, but if you please advise how fraudsters can know that I am an EE customer and contact me on my non-EE phone please. 

Has there been a data breach of EE systems?  And if not, how else could that happen and how can it be prevented? 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Georgexx   They don’t know if your are an EE customer not.   And EE know your number for your none EE device?  

by
Solution

Hi @Georgexx.

Thanks for forwarding this onto the relevant number to be investigated further.

This isn't a data breach from the EE systems, fraudsters may try this with none EE users too.

Jon

View solution in original post

by Georgexx Investigator
Investigator

That's great. Thank you. 

by philipLask_y

Got this odd text message ostensibly from EE today (28 Jan. '20)

"{EE}: The payment for your most recent bill couldn't be processed. Please verify your payment information within 12 hours or services will be stopped" and this link which does not look genuine starting with https slash slash my ee billingverificationdot com (not typed here so no-one can click it...) it seems they are still trying this one. I have pay as you go and do not get a bill, which definitely made me suspicious. Not sure how they got my mobile number but there are plenty of dodgy people out there who will sell your information to crooks.

by

Hi @philipLask_y,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Yes, that's not a genuine message from EE.

You can report the message as spam by forwarding it to 7726.

Thanks for taking the time to report this.

James

by Vivekandan

Re: Reporting scam

Hi I've just received a message from a number +447594378600. it says : (EE): We are unable to process your latest bill. In order to avoid fees, update your billing information via: https://ee.uk.billing46.com/?ee=2

Kindly take necessary steps to curb this please.

Thanks

by Phishfood42069

Haven't been an EE customer in over a year. Just got this text:

[EE]:We were unable to process your latest bill. In order to avoid fees, update your billing information via: https://ee.uk.billing46.com/?ee=2

Data leak perhaps?

by

Re: Reporting scam

Hi @Vivekandan.

Welcome to the community.

This text is not from EE, it sounds like a scam text. EE would never send you a link asking for details. I'd recommend forwarding this text onto 7726 to report it, and then delete it.

@Phishfood42069 - with this being a scam text, the sender will try their luck that you're on, or have been with EE. I'd recommend also forwarding it onto 7726, as this number is the correct scam reporting number for all networks.

Jon

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions