cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scam text message re bill

Wellsie
Investigator
Investigator

Just had a text saying unable to process my bill I’m assuming it’s a scam  As bill already been taken!!! Not clicking on that link 

288 REPLIES 288
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @EE2020

Welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear that you've received a scam message.

Could you forward the message to 7726 please? That way it can be investigated.

I strongly recommend getting in touch with your bank as soon as possible to let them know too, if you haven't already.

Chris

Thanks, I did send it to 7726 and added extra security to my EE account.

Thank you

Smilerjo
Visitor

I just got one of these texts too.[EE]: Payment for your latest bill could not be processed by your bank. Please update your billing information via: https://ee.uk.billing74.com?ee=2 

ive sent it on to EE 

OXEN2020
Visitor

Just had the same text. Blocked number.

@OXEN2020 : Waste of time! They make up sender's no at random as they go along. It's the link in the msg that's the giveaway.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Gavborman
Visitor

[EE]:We were unable to process your latest bill. In order to avoid fees, update your billing information via: https://ee.uk.billing20.com?ee=2

Just received this from this number +447591174099 assuming it's a scam

@Gavborman :  It's a scam! There are many of these going the rounds. EE would never send you a msg asking you to click on a link in order to update your a/c.

Report it to EE by forwarding it to 7726 (S.P.A.M. on your keypad).

That domain, faked to look like EE, was only created a few dys ago in Malaysia. 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Just had one today 

OK so a quick question. 

How is it I get regular emails about offers and ways I can spend more money with EE? Yet when there is a proven and specific threat EE doesn't even bother with an email warning of this threat? I wonder how many people have been compromised by this scam, and how many could have been avoided?