cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scam text message re bill

Wellsie
Investigator
Investigator

Just had a text saying unable to process my bill I’m assuming it’s a scam  As bill already been taken!!! Not clicking on that link 

288 REPLIES 288
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks very much for sending this to us @Glongii

Have a great evening 🙂

Nonowt
Investigator
Investigator

Hi all. just received a text from +44 7513 179522 claiming issue with my payment and to click link to update billing info. Reported this to 7726. 

Has to be scam as phone it came through on isn't even on EE. 

Beware everyone

The same scam happened to me. I was away from home and just followed the link on the scam EE text on my 'phone. It goes to a clone site very like an EE site.  I fell for the scam by putting in my card details (had coincidentally just got a new bank card so thought it was a problem caused by that).  Two days later I was called during rush hour by a scammer pretending to be from my bank.  He said they were trying to prevent a fraudulent transaction of £200 at a travel money firm and would text me a code I needed to quote back to them to stop it.  The code was my bank's genuine One Time Passcode.  I quoted it and allowed a fraudulent transaction through, before panicking and calling my bank out-of-hours to check it was them - which it wasn't.  Please let others know this is happening now.  Thanks.

Thank you for your email. May I post this on Facebook.

Glongii
Of course anything that will stop scammers being successful.

Borthwick
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @MaibT,

Welcome to the EE Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you have fallen victim to a phishing scam.

Did you also share your My EE password with the website? If you did, please see How do I change my password for My EE?

Thanks

James

chistery
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@MaibT Sorry to hear you've been a victim of this. Did the text from your bank tell you not to share it with anyone though? If not I would be looking at another bank. All mine say do not share with anyone. Banks are trying harder but if yours is not, maybe time to look around?

Loverlyhawk
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, I received this text this morning too. I assume it is a scam

Most certainly. hope you didnt follow the link and enter details, if so i would suggest you change passwords etc asap and should you get any calls claiming to be from the bank end call and ring them yourself to check

Fortunately I didn't do anything. Will delete it but notify my family and friends on Facebook