cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scam text message re bill

Wellsie
Investigator
Investigator

Just had a text saying unable to process my bill I’m assuming it’s a scam  As bill already been taken!!! Not clicking on that link 

288 REPLIES 288
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @Kimm1e_87

Thanks for coming to the community.

If you entered any bank details, I would suggest getting in touch with your bank and letting them know to be safe, if you can also make sure you change any passwords for any accounts related to your email address as @XRaySpeX has advised,

You can find details on changing your My EE password on our How do I change my password for My EE Help page?

If you still have the text can you forward this to 7726, we will get this looked into.

You can find some useful tips on staying safe online in Spam and phishing - How to stay safe and report it.

Thanks.

Leanne.

Hi, no fortunately I tried to log in & it said password incorrect & to try again or sign up.

So I left it & then when I tried later through the text link the website said not a safe site.

So then I googled it & found out it was dodgy & then I've let you know on here. So no bank details have been added since the text last night.

& Thank you for your help & I did forward the text yesterday too.

Leanne_T

Hi @Kimm1e_87

No problem at all 🙂

Thanks for forwarding the message to us.

Take care.

Leanne.

@Kimm1e_87 wrote:

Hi, no fortunately I tried to log in & it said password incorrect & to try again or sign up.

😞 It's a scam site! How would it know whether the pwd you presented it was right or wrong? You gave it your pwd & it's gobbled it up! Change your pwd!

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Hi there.  Recieved this exact same text today and sadly clicked the link but luckily my Google chrome warned my against it. The txt came from mob number  +447542568125. I see many of these posts date back to October 2019 so this is still happening 9 months on. Can you help stop this scam? I have a screen shot of the text and sent to EE's phishing email.  I don't think I can forward texts to 7726

Leanne_T

Hi @Tqbrain

Thanks for coming to the community and letting us know.

What phone are you using?

Leanne.

Hi Leanne,

Thanks for looking into it. My phone is Samsung Galaxy A5 2017

The text said there had been an issue with my bill and i should update my billing details and there was a link which I won't put here. 

Google chrome then warned me against the link. 

It's concerning where they got my phone number from. But I blocked the number. 

Leanne_T

Hi @Tqbrain

You are right this is a scam, we'll never ask you for your PIN or password by text or email.

Could you try tapping on the scam message and holding this down, you should then see a forward option?

Reporting the number to 7726 is the most efficient and quickest way for it to be looked into.

The text goes to the directly to the investigations team, they work with other networks and Ofcom to stop them.

You might also find this video useful - it contains lots of hints and tips for spotting and stopping scammers EE Help & How To: Spotting Phishing and Spam video.

Thanks.

Leanne.

Thanks Leanne 

Yes I can hold it down to get the forward option. Thanks. 

Leanne_T

Thanks very much @Tqbrain

If you need anything further, please let me know 🙂

Leanne.