cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scam text message re bill

Wellsie
Investigator
Investigator

Just had a text saying unable to process my bill I’m assuming it’s a scam  As bill already been taken!!! Not clicking on that link 

288 REPLIES 288

@Alex_S Luckily it was in my Spam folder already, but it made me worried, plus I thought EE should know about this. Anyway, I sent the e-mail, thanks.

Hi @Whiro,

I'm glad you spotted it!

I have all of the details you have posted and will flag this.

If you can send the information over too that will be great so it is collated by the correct security teams.

Thanks for coming to the community to raise this.

Alex 🙂

cfbrodie
Visitor

I just a few minutes ago recieved a text saying unable to process my bill, funny that as I'm on Pay As You Go, and topped up £10 just 3 days ago. I never clicked the link but copied it and searched it on Google and it came up as a genuine looking ee site. So I got rid of that and then went to my we app and logged in, my account is fine and shows all the proper allowances. So if u get this text ignore it as it's either a scam or we have messed up.

@cfbrodie wrote:

I just a few minutes ago recieved a text saying unable to process my bill, funny that as I'm on Pay As You Go, and topped up £10 just 3 days ago. I never clicked the link but copied it and searched it on Google and it came up as a genuine looking ee site. So I got rid of that and then went to my we app and logged in, my account is fine and shows all the proper allowances. So if u get this text ignore it as it's either a scam or we have messed up.

You did the right thing in checking your account with EE directly.

You can forward suspected spam & scam texts free, to 7726 (SPAM on your keyboard)

Lol I had the same message. I knew it was dodgy   I then tried calling the mobile number it was sent from. It was ringing and then went to voicemail that said welcome to Vodafone   Hahaha they could of at least used a ee phone numbe .  Lol

Suze2208
Visitor

EE: There has been a problem with your billing information to avoid suspension of service update them now at: https://ee-myhelp.com/

Just had this message from number +447322878739 

@Suze2208 

Clearly a scam - No reputable company should ever ask you to click on a link to submit personal details.

You can reported scam texts by forwarding them, free, to 7726 (SPAM on your keyboard). Please forward this text and then delete it.

Kimm1e_87
Explorer

Oh no! I recently received this text & thought it was EE as I recently changed my contract about a month ago.

I clicked the link & it looked like the EE site but it said details not recognised & to set up a new account.

Thankfully I didn't & i thought ill try again later.. now I clicked the link & it says 'Deceptive site ahead'

I didn't click to open it anyway/accept & so hopefully I'll be OK?

The text was sent from +447365032038.

Thanks 

@Kimm1e_87 

You can report scam such as this by forwarding the text, free, to 7726 (SPAM on your keyboard)

Please do this then delete the message 🙂

As regards clicking on the link, if you didn't enter any details you should be ok. Not clicking is even better 😉

@Kimm1e_87 : As you did click on the link &, thinking it was a MyEE login page, you entered your email addy & pwd, you need to change your MyEE pwd & all related pwds PDQ.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)