cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scam text message re bill

Wellsie
Investigator
Investigator

Just had a text saying unable to process my bill I’m assuming it’s a scam  As bill already been taken!!! Not clicking on that link 

288 REPLIES 288

Presume scam texts still continuing as received this at 16:36 on 13/01/20.

From the following number +447384974624.

Message reads as follows.

[EE]:We were unable to process your latest bill. In order to avoid fees, update your billing information via: <link removed>

@Matrix : Yes, That domain, faked to look like EE, was only created yesterday in Malaysia. Browsers are already warning it's deceptive.

Report it to EE by forwarding it to 7726 (S.P.A.M. on your keypad).

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

The exact same thing happened to me yesterday! lost my wallet and got a new card send through, i just clicked and inputted the details without thinking as it seemed likely due to losing my old card. Feel really stupid as im usually so good with spotting scams .

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @Tlow

Thanks for coming to the community and letting us know about this, I am sorry to hear this has happened to you.

If you have entered any bank details get in touch with your bank and let them know, if you can also make sure any password is changed in any accounts related to your email address.

If you still have the text can you forward this to 7726 we will get this looked into.

You can find some useful tips on staying safe online in Spam and phishing - How to stay safe and report it.

Leanne.

I received the message tonight, I logged into my account through the link and did the first page of details about address then thought it all seemed a bit strange so just close it all. About 30 mins later I thought to change my password so I’ve done that now! I’ve reported it to 7726 I just hope I stopped early enough and changed my password quick enough to be safe!! 

Christopher_G

Fingers crossed they don't have any of your information, @Amelieeynon.

Thank you for forwarding the message to 7726.

Chris

Boomer65
Visitor

Have just received text too stating same.  Have sent screenshot of text to 7726.

Lu6
Visitor

I’ve also just received this text message, from this number 

+44 7541 959270

Leanne_T

Thanks for sending this to 7726 @Boomer65

Hi there, @Lu6

If you still have the message could you forward this to 7726 as well, please 🙂

You can find some useful tips on staying safe online in Spam and phishing - How to stay safe and report it.

Leanne.

I've just received one this morning.

I've forwarded the details to 7726.

it came from 07872 895736