cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scam text message re bill

Wellsie
Investigator
Investigator

Just had a text saying unable to process my bill I’m assuming it’s a scam  As bill already been taken!!! Not clicking on that link 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @jwich1982

Thanks for coming here.

If you still have the text can you forward the message to 7726, once reported our team will be able to get the URL and number this has been sent from looked into.

I would also recommend deleting the message once this has been forwarded to us.

You can find some useful tips on staying safe online in Spam and phishing - How to stay safe and report it.

Leanne.

View solution in original post

288 REPLIES 288
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Wellsie  Yes it is a scam and EE would never send you a link to login to to your account.  You can report this to EE by forwarding the message to 7726. ( SPAM). 

there is a lot of this happening at present. 

Leanne_T

Hello there @Wellsie

Thanks for coming to the community and for letting us know about this message.

That's great advice from @Chris_B

If you can forward the message to 7726 we will be able to get this looked into.

Leanne 🙂

jwich1982
Visitor

Same scam send out via txt to my mobile number I followed link cause EE sends out txt msg to me as well. Thankfully I couldn't log in. EE customer service should be informed of it and act to protect the privacy of their customers.

Leanne_T

Hello there @jwich1982

Thanks for coming here.

If you still have the text can you forward the message to 7726, once reported our team will be able to get the URL and number this has been sent from looked into.

I would also recommend deleting the message once this has been forwarded to us.

You can find some useful tips on staying safe online in Spam and phishing - How to stay safe and report it.

Leanne.

shazza131
Visitor

Hi, i've just had a SCAM text from a number 07565001806 saying unable to process your latest bill. in order to avoid fees, update your billing information via clicking below. total SCAM SCAM SCAM, Beware folks.

Hi,

i just had a text from a number claiming to Be EE and they cant process my bill. I stupidly clicked on the link and tried logging in a few times but it did not log me in.

i have changed my password now but will I be subject to a fraud scam? As I am panicking like crazy now. HELP

Just had the same text. Actually moved this number away from EE a few weeks ago which made me wary.

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi everyone,

Could you forward this text onto 7726 for further investigation, if you haven't deleted it already 🙂

@JulieB00BOO - You've done the right thing changing your password, take extra caution with these texts as EE would never send you a link to your account by text message.

Jon

Mitch99
Explorer

Also received the scam text this morning: - 

'We are having trouble processing your recent payment information for your EE Bill, please follow the link to avoid restrictions: 

https://ee-helpcenter.com

Of course I won't be clicking on the link....