by gv69 Investigator
Investigator

how do I deal with PAC code fraud

Someone has fraudulently obtained a PAC code from EE on my number. I've reported it, but EE have said they've already activated it with Vodafone. Now my mobile isnt working. Help!

11 REPLIES 11
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: how do I deal with PAC code fraud

@gv69  I would visit a Vodafone store with photographic ID and proof that the number belongs to you.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@gv69   You need to request that EE speak with vodaphone to get your number back.  

You’ll probably find that someone has chosen a number is a store that just happens to be your number and got it. It’s not the first time this has happened.   

Try calling your number and speak to the person and explain to them that it’s your number and ask how they got it. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @gv69

I have sent you a private message, please take a look and get back to me. 

Katie 🙂

by Profile closed
Not applicable

@gv69, I'm interested to learn how this could happen - because clearly it's a security breach, how it is impacting on you, what a fraudster might be up to.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@gv69 

You also need to change your number on your bank accounts, Paypal, Ebay, Amazon and ensure that those accounts are set to 2 stage authentication.

I would also recommend doing the same (changing mobile number) on any email accounts and setting up two stage authentication.

Thanks,

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by JayneM1 Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

This has also happened to me. I noticed this on Saturday 1st June and contacted 150 and it has apparently been escalated. So far no one from the EE fraud team has been in touch and I still haven't had my number returned to me. When I call it goes to Vodaphone voicemail.

Grateful if you could help.

Thanks.

by

Hi there @JayneM1

Thanks for coming to the community 🙂

I am very sorry to hear this has happened, was a timescale provided in regards to when the team will be back in touch?

Speak soon, 

Katie

by gv69 Investigator
Investigator

Hi, This was probably the most frustrating experience. Because the fraudsters had failed account validation they'd locked my account and refused to speak to me until I went into a store with ID.Ultimately, the only way I got a reaction was to tweet them - responding to a Twitter advert and ranting.They them dm'd me and we went from there.Make sure they block the number and liaise with Vodafone to port the number back, which takes about 3 days.Even when that was done, no one contacted me so I went back on Twitter and had another rant. Turns out the number had been ported back, but no-one told me, or told me I needed to restart my phone and would reconnect.So I ended up feeling angry, frustrated and stupid all because a communication company can't communicate.They refunded a months line rental
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
by JayneM1 Investigator
Investigator

Hi there,

On 1st June I was told that someone would get back to me within 72 hours. When I had no communication after that timeI contacted 150 again and was told I would get a call between 6pm qnd 8pm on 5th June. No call.

Today I got an automated email from 150 to say my account would be reactivated today. Hurrah , my number had been returned to me this afternoon.

A great result but quite nerve wracking and you need to persevere with EE customer service. Individuals have been very nice but not really well informed.

Thanks for your message,Jayne

by JayneM1 Investigator
Investigator

Many thanks for your advice. My situation is now resolved-thank goodness!

Very frustrating and nerve wracking experience all round.

J

by

That's great to hear @JayneM1

Thank you for coming back and letting us know. 

Have a wonderful afternoon, 

Katie 🙂

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.