by feliciaB Investigator
Investigator

Text from Verify saying EE granted my number 1.5 million pounds

I received a text on my non-UK number that my number has been granted 1.5M punds from EE mobile UK and to send my contact details and the code they texted me to eemobile@eebm.co.uk. There is no from # as it only registers as Verify on my mobile. Any thoughts?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Text from Verify saying EE granted my number 1.5 million pounds

A text to a non UK number about a win for 1.5m.  If EE did do something like this it would be for EE customers only for a start so you wouldn’t get anything on a non UK number.  Just to add EE are not giving away 1.5m.  

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

It's a scam

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Android 10/One UI 2.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@feliciaB : Was there a link in the text? If so, Don't go there but what was the link?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by feliciaB Investigator
Investigator

There are no link included. Just a 5 digit code and the email address to send my contact number and code...

by Bohdss

I also got the same thing. Couldn’t verify if its a scam because it didn’t send a link to click on. Was only advised to send an email to eemobile@eebm.co.uk with my contact number and a code they provided.

by feliciaB Investigator
Investigator

Did you do anything?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Bohdss , @feliciaB : As far as I can make out that is not a valid email addy:

eebm.co.uk is for sale!

Another has said the email addy is ee@eemuk.co.uk which is a valid email addy: Anything sent there will be seen by scammers' eyes.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

A text to a non UK number about a win for 1.5m.  If EE did do something like this it would be for EE customers only for a start so you wouldn’t get anything on a non UK number.  Just to add EE are not giving away 1.5m.  

View solution in original post

by fleuridane

TEXT MESSAGE ABOUT 1,500,000 POUNDS GRANTED

Hi did anyone received a message from Verify that your number was granted 1,500,000.00 Pounds and have to send the certain code and contact number to ee@eemuk.co.uk? Is this a spam?

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @feliciaB

Welcome to the community. 

This isn't a legitimate text message from EE. Please forward the message to 7726 and it'll be investigated.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Chris

by
EE Community Support Team

Re: TEXT MESSAGE ABOUT 1,500,000 POUNDS GRANTED

Hi there @fleuridane

Thanks for coming here and letting us know about this message.

Sorry this is not a genuine EE message.

If this was sent as a text can you forward this to 7726 or for an email phishing@ee.co.uk we will get this looked into.

You can find some useful tips on staying safe online in Spam and phishing - How to stay safe and report it.

Leanne 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions