by Nikki_L
Explorer

Text from EE

Hi,

I received a text from 'EE' yesterday telling me that you are unable to verify my account and I need to log on via a link to verify everything.

Just wondering if this is a real thing or spam?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
by mark1ee Investigator
Investigator

Re: Text from EE

This is more than likely SPAM, unless the message came from 150. EE don't normally ask you to click links in SMS to update details.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Nikki_L : It's a scam! There are many of these going the rounds. EE would never send you a msg asking you to click on a link in order to update your a/c.

Don't go there but what was the link?

Report it to EE by forwarding it to 7726 (S.P.A.M. on your keypad).

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Nikki_L
Explorer

by Grand Master
Grand Master

That domain, faked to look like EE, was only created yesterday in Malaysia.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hello @Nikki_L

You have done the right thing by checking on the community if the text is from EE.

As @XRaySpeX has advised we would never ask you for your PIN or password by text or email. 

If you still have the message can you forward this to 7726, and then delete the message, we will be able to get this investigated.

Don't click on any of the links within the message - if you have clicked on the link and entered your password details, change any log in details that use the same password.

You can find some useful tips on staying safe online in Spam and phishing - How to stay safe and report it.

Come back to the community anytime 🙂

Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.