by Morec
Explorer

Text EE update billing fraud

Received a text from EE ...

.EE:We were unable to process your latest bill. In order to avoid fees, update your billing information via: https://ee-update.ref0114.com?ee=2....

is this a fraudulent scam ?? My last bill was processed on the 23/09 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Text EE update billing fraud

It's a scam! There are many of these going the rounds. EE would never send you a msg asking you to click on a link in order to update your a/c.

Report it to EE by forwarding it to 7726 (S.P.A.M. on your keypad).

That domain, faked to look like EE, was only created today in Malaysia. Browsers are already warning it's deceptive.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
by Briley Investigator
Investigator

I have just received this text message also and my bill was paid on 26th sept but it looks very convincing 

by Morec
Explorer

I agree,it does look convincing

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

It's a scam! There are many of these going the rounds. EE would never send you a msg asking you to click on a link in order to update your a/c.

Report it to EE by forwarding it to 7726 (S.P.A.M. on your keypad).

That domain, faked to look like EE, was only created today in Malaysia. Browsers are already warning it's deceptive.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

View solution in original post

by Sjt85

I got the same message today from +44 7857 897487 biggest give away is that it comes up with the mobile  number rather than “-EE-“

by Briley Investigator
Investigator

Yes it was different number I sent it to 7726 report scam hope this helps 

Highlighted
by klaus47
Explorer

Same message, received today from number: 07519196686. Have forwarded to EE SPAM (7726)

If you receive this, always check on the mobile app instead of signing in via link in message. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@klaus47   And the best part is that’s an O2 number. 😆

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Afternoon @klaus47.

Thanks for coming to the community and flagging this with us. 

Katie 🙂

by klaus47
Explorer

No problem 🙂 I almost fell for it in a moment of madness! Good thing I forgot my password and went to the app instead where my fingerprint gets me in. 

by Brianlib

I have had one of these texts tonight we should be able to contact EE via email to report this and EE should take action to end them

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Brianlib : You are able to report it to EE by forwarding it to 7726

by Briley Investigator
Investigator

I reported it to EE it is getting do hard to decide what is real or scam these days 

by MadMarts97

I just got one of these, from +447857815522.  said 'EE:We were unable to process your latest bill. In order to avoid fees, update your billing information via ' and then a secure website .

About time these scammers learnt how to spell.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Briley : If it contains a link, even if it looks like EE, it is a scam!

by carolseward34

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @carolseward34

Welcome to the community.

Have you received a message like the ones posted above?

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions