Highlighted
by
Explorer

Receiving text from number 18

Today I received my new iPhone 7. It is on a monthly contract. I got worried as when I switched it on and backed up all of my icloud, I got a text from number '18' and the text just said "@AA @" at first I ignored it and just deleted it from my messages. However, I kept getting notifications for the same text every few hours but it wasn't new as it was the same one I deleted. Can anyone tell me what this might mean? I have tried looking online but couldn't find anything. 

I have blocked the number and just awaiting to see if I will get another notification.

Thank you

4 REPLIES
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Receiving text from number 18

Good morning @laura_s2938

Thanks for posting in community Smiley Happy

Please don't worry Smiley Happy

Is the phone an upgrade?

Have you came across from another network?

It could be that your contacts simply haven't updated yet?

Is your correct number showing in My Number? 

Go into

Phone >>> My Number

Let me know what it says.

Cheers

Richard

Smiley Happy

by
Explorer

[ Edited ]

Hi @Richard_C 

thank you you for your response. I took out a completely new contract as I wasn't old enough to before so this is the first time my phone is in my name. 

Yes my mobile number is correct, but I also got a text at midnight from 1888, it was a blank text that was apparently sent in 2005? 

Do you think it all has to do with the phone updating / adjusting because I restored everything in iCloud? 

Thanks again Smiley Happy 

by
EE Community Support Team

I think absolutely it will be @laura_s2938

Can I just confirm with you that there has been no further problems since?

Also we are here in community if you need help setting it up or with any other questions you need answered.

Richard

Smiley Happy

by
Investigator

Hi there , I tried blocking texts from a number 19 but it only worked for 19 and they keep changing the numbers after the 19 . I think it's phishing but not sure . They are happening more frequently now and are a bloomin pest . 

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.