Highlighted
by kirstyma

Received a text message stating unable to process bill

I received a text message on Sunday from +447756540182 stating they were unable to process my bill and to update billing information via https://ee-update.ref0127.com?ee=2.

My bils are paid via direct debit and I have checked on my account and the details are correct.  Just wondering if this is a scam?

2 REPLIES 2
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: Received a text message stating unable to process bill

It's a scam. 

Report it to 7726 then delete the message.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Android 10/One UI 2.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Received a text message stating unable to process bill

It's a scam! There are many of these going the rounds. EE would never send you a msg asking you to click on a link in order to update your a/c.

Report it to EE by forwarding it to 7726 (S.P.A.M. on your keypad).

That domain, faked to look like EE, was only created recently in Malaysia. Browsers are already warning it's deceptive.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions