Highlighted
by JohnMB

Re: I keep getting "we cannot process your last bill" texts. Scam?

I have received a similar text from: http://158.174.109.175/account/

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@JohnMB : It's obviously a scam when the scammer can't even be bothered to get a domain for his phishing server but just uses his ISP's public IP. It's some user running on the Swedish Bahnhof ISP from his own PC.

I would report it to abuse@bahnhof.net .

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
2 REPLIES 2
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@JohnMB : It's obviously a scam when the scammer can't even be bothered to get a domain for his phishing server but just uses his ISP's public IP. It's some user running on the Swedish Bahnhof ISP from his own PC.

I would report it to abuse@bahnhof.net .

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @JohnMB

Welcome to the community, it's great to have you here! 🙂

I would recommend not opening the link which has been provided in the text message and reporting this. 

You can report this by forwarding the full message to 7726, once you have completed this step I would then also recommend deleting the text message. 

Please be sure to let me know if you have any further questions. 

Katie

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.