by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Norton not letting me subscribe

@owls4eva: They're still diff cos. under the same umbrella, each with their own products & services. It's just a corporate arrangement.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 0207 362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC = 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by miggylev Investigator
Investigator

Re: free ee norton

Joined EE 30 October 2018. No free Norton. Tried all different ways suggested Nd can't get the offer into my cart on Norton. Norton customer service abysmal. EE response times good but nothing happens. I have raised as a formal complaint but no substantive response yet. EE customer service people say they've not heard of this. There is a thread going back to 2017, and EE say they're in contact with Norton. Come on EE, where is the fix? 

by andronikidis Contributor
Contributor

check 2 posts above yours for the solution. this is what i have done a while ago as well.

whatever you do use incognito settings and then the norton will be free.

by miggylev Investigator
Investigator

Appreciate your response. I have tried this solution, once at the suggestion of an EE customer service person, but did not work for me.

Chris 

by Wookieburger1 Investigator
Investigator

norton free cover

Why is this still not working? 

Investigator

Re: Norton security download not working

still not working...................

Investigator

they dont seem to care Smiley Sad quick to take our money but not offer the service promised. I left BT for this reason......maybe a wrong decision. 

by miggylev Investigator
Investigator

Thanks Wookieburger1 for your comment. EE broadband is really good. And their help with forthcoming house move first class. But can't get why they offer something that hasn't been tested? They've offered a cash adjustment but to me that's avoiding the problem not dealing with it - seems to be the answer to everything. Had no problems with Sky and McAfee on a similar offer some time ago. 

by andronikidis Contributor
Contributor

imagine back then on march i was having every day a different person contacting me to solve the problem. even i had a remote session with the guys of norton. and the problems solved by a member here proposing to do an incognito session. imagine was not official reply and worked. took 1month to solve the mystery. i hope you find a way

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi all.

Norton are investigating this and looking for a fix as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience so far.

Chris

by

Re: norton free cover

Hi @Wookieburger1

Welcome to the community.

Are you connected to EE Home broadband whilst trying to add it through our Norton page?

We're aware of a problem with a small number of users which Norton are investigating.

Chris

Investigator

Yes I have ee............

Sent from my iPhone
by

Good Morning @Wookieburger1.

I have sent you a private message, if you can please take a look and get back to me. 

Speak soon, Katie Smiley Happy

Investigator

Many thanks Katie for suggesting it will all be fixed by 6th December.looking forward to being able to use the internet I am already paying for safely in 2 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone
by niktheguru Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

An update to this saga.....

Norton finally got back to me. They said they have recgnoised the glitch in their website and are "working on a fix" which should be implemented by December 5th. They then advised me to try again after that date.

I hope their antivirus activity doesn't take this long!! How long does it take to fix a website!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@niktheguru, @Wookieburger1: Thanks for letting us know. I look forward to testing it then.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 0207 362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC = 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Candghicks7 Contributor
Contributor

My issue is slightly different,  I  follow the links and Norton wants to charge me £39.99, My existing Norton subscription expires today so I will pay the £39.99 and claim it back from EE.

Photos show route taken.EE 1.png1EE 2.png2EE 3.png3EE 4.png4EE 5.png5

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Candghicks7: Are you logged into your Norton a/c at the time? Maybe it knows you have an expiring existing subs. How did you get your existing subs?

by miggylev Investigator
Investigator

Hi Candghicks7. Interesting to see screenshots. Only difference in my experience is that after the offer screen I get a 'No items in your cart' message with a Continue button. Then I get the standard Norton website, and have to pay £39.99! Was also told by EE that this wouldn't be charged but that is clearly incorrect. Norton Customer Service owe me a call in the next 24 hours (I'll need reviving if they do ring) 😎 The fix by 5 December seems a step in the right direction but will believe it when it works. Thanks to all who have posted on this thread. 

by niktheguru Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I would suggest not paying for the extension. If you contact Norton via online chat and explain the situation they will extend your current subscription to after the 5th December, then you can update.

[mod edit: please do not post personal information such as your full name or email address on the public board. Thanks!]

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions