by davidh73798 Investigator
Investigator

Norton not letting me subscribe

so go in to my account to subscribe for the norton internet security but it saying empy cart when i press subrcribe

Read more

42 REPLIES 42
Investigator

Re: Norton not letting me subscribe

Yeah said it came with my package
by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @davidh73798

Welcome to the community.

Do you have Norton Security as part of your EE Home Broadband package?

If so, are you a new or existing home broadband customer?

Speak soon, Leanne.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Leanne_T: All BB users can have have Norton Security for a year if they want it.

@davidh73798: Did you approach Norton from Norton security premium ?

EDIT: Ah, OK! Norton is not working. It is as OP says, @Leanne_T.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

I did it through my account when i click suscribe it comes up with new
windiw says empty basket
by

Hi @davidh73798

Are you new to EE Home Broadband?

Is this happening when signing in to your Norton Family Account?

Katie 🙂

Investigator

norton.pngnorton2.png

Investigator

ats what i did it on, through my account and that what i get when i click on the subcribe button

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Katie_B: It's happening to me too doing it by the same route as the OP & I'm an old EE BB user :smileywink:

It's not Norton Family but Norton Internet Security. They are diff products.

It just ain't working & EE need to have a word with Norton.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

i also tried your link Katie, and same thing happened

Investigator

yes agrred very annoying

by Grand Master
Grand Master

There's no doubt it's happening & no amount of discussion here is gonna fix it.

by niktheguru Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I've just tried to download norton too and am getting the same message. Very annoying.

by eleiyas Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I know it's a free bundle offer, but Norton is complete garbage in terms of anti-virus software.

It hogs system resources, is a hassle to remove and doesn't really do its job properly.

:: https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/47bptv/whats_your_opinion_on_norton_antivirus/

Valued Contributor

Thats very true of norton of old, however in the last few years it has become much leaner and is very reliable and safe. It is a hell of a lot better than mcafee which gets bundled with dell machines!

There are some leaner antivirus software about, but as an internet security solution for the average user, its very good.

Valued Contributor

Has anyone had an update regarding this issue?

I have raised this with EE (through direct message and through customer services on 150) and not heard anything back yet. I have also raised it directly with Norton (who have raised it to a "higher level team" and still not heard back......so at the moment radio silence!

by

Hi @niktheguru

The latest update we have is that Norton are still investigating this and looking for a fix.

Thanks for your patience so far.

Chris

by owls4eva
Explorer

I'm having the same issue as well. It's very annoying and a bit poor to be honest, I didn't have this problem with my previous provider

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@owls4eva: Did your previous ISP provide you with free Norton or other Internet Security?

by owls4eva
Explorer

Hi.

Well I was with BT before and they had McAfee, it was instant. Would of thought with BT takeover of EE they would use the same provider.

I've had to sign up on Norton for the 30 day free trial while I wait for EE/Norton to fix
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.