by Zarah1 Investigator
Investigator

Fake Message?

Hi, I am a sim user of EE and only for it recently however yesterday I got a message saying this 

“Your EE account has been suspended, to avoid loss of connection check here           https😕/ee-info-net.com” and I am not sure wether it is fake or real and if it is real why has it been suspended. By the way the message sender is called VERIFY 

thankyou

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Fake Message?

@Zarah1 : That's a scam! Ignore it, bin it & don't click on any links.

That domain is a fake pretending to be EE. It was only created yesterday, is known as a deceptive site & will probably be gone tomorrow.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
by Zarah1 Investigator
Investigator

Also I have not paid any money yet for the contract like I haven’t topped up yet 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @Zarah1

Thanks for posting on the community.

When did you get the EE SIM card?

Also, has this been used previously for calls, texts and data?

Leanne 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@Zarah1 : That's a scam! Ignore it, bin it & don't click on any links.

That domain is a fake pretending to be EE. It was only created yesterday, is known as a deceptive site & will probably be gone tomorrow.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

View solution in original post

by Zarah1 Investigator
Investigator

Ok thankyou 

by Zarah1 Investigator
Investigator

Hi it was bought a few weeks ago (in March this year) and it has never been used before me 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂! Glad I could be of assistance.

The no. on the SIM has been used before & recycled. Anyway these are often sent to random nos on the hope they might catch.

Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Zarah1

I see @XRaySpeX has brilliantly advised you here.

We have a brilliant help page about SPAM/Phishing and how to report it.

Thanks

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions