Highlighted
by Zarah1 Investigator
Investigator

Fake Message?

Hi, I am a sim user of EE and only for it recently however yesterday I got a message saying this 

“Your EE account has been suspended, to avoid loss of connection check here           https😕/ee-info-net.com” and I am not sure wether it is fake or real and if it is real why has it been suspended. By the way the message sender is called VERIFY 

thankyou

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Fake Message?

@Zarah1 : That's a scam! Ignore it, bin it & don't click on any links.

That domain is a fake pretending to be EE. It was only created yesterday, is known as a deceptive site & will probably be gone tomorrow.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
7 REPLIES 7
by Zarah1 Investigator
Investigator

Also I have not paid any money yet for the contract like I haven’t topped up yet 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @Zarah1

Thanks for posting on the community.

When did you get the EE SIM card?

Also, has this been used previously for calls, texts and data?

Leanne 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@Zarah1 : That's a scam! Ignore it, bin it & don't click on any links.

That domain is a fake pretending to be EE. It was only created yesterday, is known as a deceptive site & will probably be gone tomorrow.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Zarah1 Investigator
Investigator

Ok thankyou 

by Zarah1 Investigator
Investigator

Hi it was bought a few weeks ago (in March this year) and it has never been used before me 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂! Glad I could be of assistance.

The no. on the SIM has been used before & recycled. Anyway these are often sent to random nos on the hope they might catch.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Zarah1

I see @XRaySpeX has brilliantly advised you here.

We have a brilliant help page about SPAM/Phishing and how to report it.

Thanks

Chris

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.