Highlighted
by AHarMan2 Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

EE community account compromised

Hi all

Not sure where to put this, but i have noticed my original EE community account which seems to be active still no longer has the email address in use that i roginally used to register it with. Ive tried resetting my password and it has not allowed me to do so. So i have just registered (again) using my original email i used to register with, and rather than rejecting it, it allowed me to register again with the same address, which suggests my original account has been compromised. Note this doesnt affect my EE account thats fine and i regularly change my password on that anyway, but its my forum account i can no longer access. Can a mod please get in touch so i can work through this to get my forum account back please.

Many thanks.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: EE community account compromised

@AHarMan, @AHarMan2: Have you actually looked at your Settings for your original a/c & checked its email addy under My settings : Personal / Email? Maybe you'll recognise it as an old email addy.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 0207 362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC = 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
12 REPLIES
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@AHarMan, @AHarMan2: Have you actually looked at your Settings for your original a/c & checked its email addy under My settings : Personal / Email? Maybe you'll recognise it as an old email addy.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 0207 362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC = 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Valued Contributor

Hi @XRaySpeX

Where abouts can i see that ? i can no longer login with my original account @AHarMan but i still have all the emails in the email account it was used with. Ive also checked all my other email accounts and no password resets have gone to any of those either.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@AHarMan: Click on your avatar AHarMannear the top L of this page & from the menu that slides in from L select My Settings. You'll then see your email addy in front of you, where you can change it if you wish.

Valued Contributor

@XRaySpeX

Sorry for the confusion here, my account which i can not access ( @AHarMan ) i cannot follow the procedure you mention as i cant login to that account and cant access the settings for it.

Im logged in as @AHarMan2 and can access the settings for this account ok, and if needed change the email address for this account ( @AHarMan2 ) but i need to retrieve my account @AHarMan or have it closed down which i suspect only a mod can do. 

Appreciate the help.

Valued Contributor

hi @XRaySpeX

Ok weird i have found which email address it is now for my original account, as i have mentioned my other account i saw the update / response via another email address which i do have access to.

Thanks for your help i think i can work it out from here.

Valued Contributor

@XRaySpeX

Not sure if best to open a new thread or carry on here, but im now getting the reset emails for my original account but no matter what combination i use, the password refuses to reset ?

reset.jpg

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Why can't you login to @AHarMan? What error msg are you getting?

In your OP you say you tried to change your pwd? Which pwd? For @AHarMan on here or for your actual email a/c?

@AHarMan2 wrote:

i saw the update / response via another email address which i do have access to.

So @AHarMan didn't have the email addy you thought it had?

Valued Contributor

Hi @XRaySpeX

Sorry so just to clarify the reason i thought it was compromised was no password reset emails were coming through. It wasnt until i created aharman2 and did an @aharman that all of a sudden i saw EE community mention emails coming through.

So indeed it was an email account that belongs to me and i know which one it is, however when i try and do a password reset on that account, the password reset emails now come through, however as per the screenshot, no matter what combination i try it refuses to reset it. Can a mod initiate a reset with a default password being set ?

Thanks

by EE Community Manager
EE Community Manager

Hi @AHarMan2

I'm going to send you a private message so we can sort this out. 

Tiff 

Community Manager

Community guidelines Community stars programme

Meet the EE Community teamHow to use the community
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @AHarMan2

Did you follow the criteria instructions?:

• 1 or more lower case character
  • 1 or more upper case character
  • 1 or more digit
  • No repeated sequence of 3 or more characters i.e '111' or 'eee'
  • No part of your username

Thanks

Chris

Valued Contributor

Hi @Christopher_G @TiffJ

Yes I’ve tried all combinations that should work but I just get an error on the rest page when trying to reset my account @AHarMan I have access that the email the account is registered to and I’m getting the reset emails ok now but I’m not actually able to reset due to the bug in my screenshot as it thinks I have errors to correct.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Don't see how the the password reset emails are now coming through when a pwd reset is failing immediately online, unless you did once successfully change your pwd but took too long to verify them cuz of delays in the emails. In which case it will revert to old pwd.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions