cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE Small Business Decision Maker role

Julie1703
Investigator
Investigator

have received a text message from EE stating your number has been nominated as the decision maker on your account.  Please reply to this message......

Can you confirm whether this is a genuine text message please as it provides a link and I don't want to open it, if it is a scam. 

11 REPLIES 11
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Julie1703

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Have you made any account changes recently? 

Or, is this a new contract?

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Also, can you post the exact text of the message that you've received, including (but don't go to) the link?

No changes made and not a new contract.

Hi from EE, your number has been nominated as the decision maker on your account.  Please reply to this message with DM CONFIRM to confirm that you're happy for this number to be the decision maker.  If we don't hear from you, we'll assume you're happy.  You can find more information about decision makers here:  

I cannot send the link as it was sent to an employees phone, they have just asked me as I have control of the EE accounts for the business.  

Leanne_T

Thanks @Julie1703

If you get in touch with our Business team, they will be able to check the text message and the account for you. 

Thanks. 

Leanne.

Thank you for your help, much appreciated.

Leanne_T

No problem @Julie1703

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.

NicPea
Visitor

Yes, I would also like to find out if this is a legitimate text. Is this a scam?

If this message was received from "150" and only wants you to reply to it with confirmation, it's a genuine text message from EE.

I received the same on my business line a few weeks back, and it's nothing to worry about.