Highlighted
by Contentlock Investigator
Investigator

Content Lock misclassification. Cannot get hold of EE!

Hi there, 

This is a request to either EE or other customers for a contact number/email of someone who deals with content lock. We are a new online business and our website has been misclassified as being sensetive in nature despite having NO content at all that could even be considered sensetive in the slightest. 

We have emailed EE to the required email address multiple times with nothing but an automated response. This block is damaging our business as it makes our site look as if it is NOT live. 

Please would someone respond or let me know where I can pursue this as it's incredibly frustrating.

Many thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Content Lock misclassification. Cannot get hold of EE!

@Contentlock  Call this number 0800 079 8586 and explain the issue. Hopefully they’ll point you in the right direction. 

Investigator

Thanks Chris, I will give that a try right now. 

Investigator

Unfortunately that's just a regular EE contact number. I don't have an EE number and it just gives me options for regular enquiries. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Try calling Customer Services on +44 800 956 6000 (option 2, option 4) . It does not ask for a mobile no.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Thanks XRaySpeX, tried that... nobody knows who they would put me through to, who to get hold of, or any details they can give me. They can't give me any useful information to pursue this, and they cant even take my information to give to any department or send it internally to anyone who could help. Same situation as before I am afraid. 

😞

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @Contentlock

Thanks for coming to the community and letting us know.

I have sent you a private message for some further details.

Thanks, Leanne.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Take a look at How do I turn on parental controls/content lock? :

The mobile industry uses the BBFC guidelines to determine what content should be rated 18. If you believe a website or content has been misclassified please email safeguard@ee.co.uk and we’ll review it for you.

That appears to be the only means by which EE will investigate such matters. Unless you get on to BBFC directly?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.