by sofiarosanna
Explorer

Another phishing scam on the loose...

Today I received a text from the number 07398332821 stating the following:

"Your account is at risk.  Please use the link to verify your billing information within 12 hours or services will be suspended. EE-Suspension/com"

Obviously this is a scam, especially considering the website url ends with .com instead of co.uk, and actually trying to click any of the links on the fake EE site it leads to (such as the "About Us" link listed at the bottom of the site) give you an error message.  I'm currently abroad and the 7726 number for forwarding these scams refuses to work, so figured I'd post this here to inform both EE and any other potential recipients of the scam message.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: Another phishing scam on the loose...

7 REPLIES 7
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @sofiarosanna 

thank you for posting this , unfortunately there are many scams circulating like this one across many networks. I will tag a member of the EE community team so they can forward it to the relevant department. 
hope you’re having a lovely time abroad xx

@Leanne_T 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

It's a scam! There are many of these going the rounds. EE would never send you a msg asking you to click on a link in order to update your a/c.

Don't go there but what was the link?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by

Hi @sofiarosanna,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Thanks for taking the time to report the phishing text you received.

Please can you share the link so I can flag it with our security team?

James

by sofiarosanna
Explorer

The link is http://ee-suspension.com/ , although seems like the site is already down

by
Solution

by Hopalong Investigator
Investigator

Has anyone else got the problem of not being able to use the 7226 report system...anything I sent , just bounces back?????

Thanks folk...

Hopalong

by

Hi @Hopalong,

The correct number to report spam texts is 7726.

Hope this helps.

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions