Highlighted
by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Why are EE trade in values low in comparisson to other companies

I'm wanting to upgrade my Huawei P20 Pro with EE to Apple XR however EE offer £95 as a trade in but other companies are offering £295.  Why are EE values so low?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor
Solution

Re: Why are EE trade in values low in comparisson to other companies

Well I'm pleased to say that I have done the deal with EE and now await delivery of my XR and Watch 4.

It was an unnecessary frustrating process having been given 3 prices for my trade in and EE disputing all three however after reviewing the web site common sense prevailed and I finally agreed £260 trade in.  So everyone happy and deal complete.

Many thanks to those that offered advice and help.

11 REPLIES 11
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @Vennwood

Thanks for coming back to the community.

Have you been into an EE store or called us on 150 for your trade in?

You can easily use the value earned from your trade in to discount:

• Your early upgrade fee
  • The up front cost of your new device
  • Accessories

Or you can have the money transferred back into your bank account directly.

Leanne.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

@Vennwood that is a huge difference... Are you certain, though, that elsewhere would really give you that £295? Sometimes other places inflate their figures to entice you in, but when you actually apply you find the amount they will give is much less.

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Sad and frustrating really but Mobilesd... are offering £295 but to be fair to EE they have upped their trade in to £190 this afternoon.but its still £105 short.   Ironically the deal is with EE and offers a lower monthly cost, lower upfront cost for an XR and significantly more data.  It doesn't make sense and certainly puts EE in a poor light.  I'm now working out how best to change and keep my number.  To add salt into the wound EE it seems won't let me transfer my number without going through a lot of loops.  The sad thing here is I wanted to buy an Apple watch from EE as well and not to mention I have just upgraded my Broadband with them.

UPDATE: Just been back on to the competitor site and the trade in has dropped to £240 - can't trust anyone these days....

by Profile closed
Not applicable

@Vennwood with it now at a £50 trade-in difference, and with you saving monthly on the upgrade, it might be worth doing it all through EE after all then...

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Not really as the rest of the deal is much better with the competitor.  I have now discovered that if I go with them I can transfer my number through the upgrade option and still get better deals on monthly cost, upfront cost and data.  This is ridiculous when you think about it.  It seems to me that EE don't want customer loyalty

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

There is no customer loyalty in any network you are just an account number to them.

You'll find that once you send that phone off they will come back with a lower offer.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by

Hi @Vennwood

We do our best to offer competitive trade in offers and they're proven very popular with our existing customers.

I'm not sure why the price difference was so different originally.

We'd love you to stay with us though, have you spoken to our upgrades team directly to discuss trading in an upgrading?

Chris 

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Hi Chris,

Yes I spoke them this afternoon and they raised the trade in from £95 to £190.  It is very frustrating though as I have been a loyal EE customer for years.  I agreed to do a deal this afternoon then your representative (Paul) apologised and said he had made a mistake and upped the cost so I had to say no.  On looking around most providers are cheaper than EE sadly.  I don't want to leave EE but at the end of the day I'm loyal to my pocket.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

@Vennwood EE 4g is best though. 

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor
Solution

Well I'm pleased to say that I have done the deal with EE and now await delivery of my XR and Watch 4.

It was an unnecessary frustrating process having been given 3 prices for my trade in and EE disputing all three however after reviewing the web site common sense prevailed and I finally agreed £260 trade in.  So everyone happy and deal complete.

Many thanks to those that offered advice and help.

by

Thanks for the update @Vennwood

I'm glad you got sorted. Smiley Happy

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.