by eclipse99 Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Using perk code via online chat

When I upgraded 24 months ago I used my Corporate PERK codes to get a 20% discount. I used the online chat facility to order and had no problems. This year they won't accept me using the codes on the online chat and told me that I can only use the codes via the ee shop online. Yet the Perk info pages give you instructions on how to use online, instore and viav150. When did this change and is this correct. When I said said in that case I would leave EE (after many many years) all I got was ''sorry to see you go, call 150 for disconnections" do they even care about retaining cusotmers??

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: Using perk code via online chat

Hi @eclipse99,

Yes, the online chat teams will be able to accept your Perk code.

Thanks

James

8 REPLIES 8
by

Good Evening @eclipse99

The discount is only available online from EE and not available via EE retail stores and telesales teams or if you buy your EE plan through another retailer (eg Carphone Warehouse).

Please see our EE Perk page for full information. 

Thanks, 

Katie 🙂

Valued Contributor

They really need to update their website then as they are giving conflicting information.... surely webchat by definition is online??

"
Once you’ve checked that your company is signed up to the scheme and you've got your discount code, you can make a purchase on the EE website: www.ee.co.uk, through our direct sales channels and via our retail stores."
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Valued Contributor

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@eclipse99  Live chat is not ordering online your just using a means of communication that happens to be online.   ( don’t ask )  

Online is via your EE account only or a direct purchase online.  Live chat doesn’t fall in to this category.   ( don’t ask ) 

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Well that's how I ordered online last time...through chat and the applied the code without question. And various bits of info on the website and Community say you can even use in retail stores.

Looks like it's off to Vodafone or O2 I go then. They do accept my corporate discount codes by any means. Shame after all the time I've been with EE 😞

by

Hi @eclipse99,

I've double checked and the information in EE Perk - Corporate Discount is correct.

You can redeem your Perk discount in EE retail stores, online or via Customer Care.

I've asked for the website to be updated.

Sorry for any confusion this has caused.

Thanks

James

Valued Contributor

James, thank you for that. Will CS agents be made aware of this? Does this mean the Online Chat people should accept my code on there whilst processing my upgrade? If they should what should I do if they do not?

by
Solution

Hi @eclipse99,

Yes, the online chat teams will be able to accept your Perk code.

Thanks

James

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.