Highlighted
by Stevereeves
Explorer

Upgrade offer more expensive than affordable mobiles k

I need to upgrade my phone I have sim only but have been with ee for over 15 years but moved to sim only last year as there was nothing wrong with my phone but my sim deal has still till got till November to run I want to upgrade but the price of an upgrade is high. I can get a. iPhone XR 128 gb from affordable mobiles with 50 gb data and fee calls unlimited texts for £48 per month on ee network , why can’t I get this offer as an upgrade as a long standing customer ? It makes me want to cancel my contract and move to affordable mobiles ironically still with EE how does that Work? I’d rather stay but it’s a big difference in price 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor
Solution

Re: Upgrade offer more expensive than affordable mobiles k

You will still be with EE if you went to affordable Mobiles.

3rd parties source their phones from abroad so can get them cheaper and they are subsidised.

There is nothing stopping you doing an upgrade with affordable mobiles (if they allow upgrades there.)

EE doesn't price match but you can give them a call and see what they can do for you as you will always get a better deal speaking to someone rather than doing it online.

BrendonH (Android Expert) - Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped you please click on the STAR/SOLUTION buttons below
3 REPLIES 3
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor
Solution

You will still be with EE if you went to affordable Mobiles.

3rd parties source their phones from abroad so can get them cheaper and they are subsidised.

There is nothing stopping you doing an upgrade with affordable mobiles (if they allow upgrades there.)

EE doesn't price match but you can give them a call and see what they can do for you as you will always get a better deal speaking to someone rather than doing it online.

by Stevereeves
Explorer

Thank you that makes sense but do I have to wait till November to cancel my sim only if I chose to leave ee

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Yes as they are only letting you to upgrade early to a phone contract.

You still need to see out the contract if you choose to leave.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.