Highlighted
by adamjanes Contributor
Contributor

Student Discount

I’m in Year 13, 18 years old in February, and was just wondering if I was actually eligible for a student discount. I received a code for 20% off by signing in with my UNiDAYS account, however when I went to the checkout, I realised that you had to be 18 to proceed. Also, I had to select my occupation, and when I selected student, it asked me when I started university. Obviously I won’t start university until September 2019. Could I just put my Dad’s details into the payment section instead to avoid all of this and still receive the discount? Thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: Student Discount

Hi @adamjanes

Welcome to the community and thanks for your interest in taking a contract with EE. 🙂

I believe the code comes from UNiDAYS. You can see our terms and conditions of the offer on the UNiDAYS website.

Once you've turned 18 and started university, you'll be able to take advantage of the UNiDAYS offer with EE. Our pay monthly contracts are subject to passing a credit check.

Chris

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@adamjanes. If you don’t start UNI till next year you’ll have to wait till you do meet the T&Cs of the offer,  

by adamjanes Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply. Just wondering why it was so easy for me to receive a code, even if I wasn’t eligible for it. Nowhere have I lied about my age or done anything wrong? 

by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Hi @adamjanes

Welcome to the community and thanks for your interest in taking a contract with EE. 🙂

I believe the code comes from UNiDAYS. You can see our terms and conditions of the offer on the UNiDAYS website.

Once you've turned 18 and started university, you'll be able to take advantage of the UNiDAYS offer with EE. Our pay monthly contracts are subject to passing a credit check.

Chris

by adamjanes Contributor
Contributor

@Christopher_G Ok cool. Thanks mate

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.