by lk06lor Investigator
Investigator

Retired and on nhs pension can I still get nhs discount

Retired and receiving nhs pension am I still eligible fir the nhs/EE perks??? And if so how do I go about claiming as no longer have ID card or works email

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Retired and on nhs pension can I still get nhs discount

@lk06lor   How is that  discrimination.  What has age got to do with it.  Not being eligible is simply not being eligible. EEs perk to allow this is for serving NHS members.  Why should EE/NHS allow you the perk discount because your now retired.  

Should I get the perk because I pay my taxes?  Is that discrimination, based on what your thinking it is. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
by lk06lor Investigator
Investigator

Fair game !!! No need to be so militant about it tho!!!! There are plenty company’s that still allow benifits to retired people🤔 .... I’m only asking!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone
by lk06lor Investigator
Investigator

That’s ok ... it’s the first time I’ve ever used it and was slapped down instantly!!!! Lesson learnt ..... just trying to get a deal as no pension till 66!!!!

Sent from my iPhone
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@lk06lor   I very much doubt it as you need to provide that information to prove your eligible 

by lk06lor Investigator
Investigator

Ah yet again discriminated against for being a pensioner???? After serving the nhs in the 70’s 80’s 90’s and 2000’s ..... still have payroll number for pension

Sent from my iPhone
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@lk06lor   How is that  discrimination.  What has age got to do with it.  Not being eligible is simply not being eligible. EEs perk to allow this is for serving NHS members.  Why should EE/NHS allow you the perk discount because your now retired.  

Should I get the perk because I pay my taxes?  Is that discrimination, based on what your thinking it is. 

View solution in original post

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@lk06lor   Sorry it was meant to come across like that it’s just the  discrimination card is used to often when people think something isn’t fair. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @lk06lor 

@Chris_B is correct, the EE Perk discount is for current employees of eligible companies, the NHS being one of them.

You must have seen many changes throughout your long career in the NHS. What was your profession? 🙂

Chris

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@lk06lor   Give customer services a call and see what they can offer. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions