Highlighted
by Linda4 Investigator
Investigator

Just signed up for fibre+ and upgrade handset. Can I cancel or suspend order?

Signed up for broadband and handset but I need time to check costs as I think it is too expensive for my budget. 

Can I suspend or postpone them?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Just signed up for fibre and upgrade handset. Can I cancel or suspend order

You may try it out & repackage it.

How do I cancel a contract within 14 days?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 020 7362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
5 REPLIES
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Just signed up for fibre+ and upgrade handset. Can I cancel or suspend order

Depends on where you signed up.

For the phone, you have a 14-day cooling off period from delivery  to cancel FoC if you ordered by phone or online, but not from shops.

For the BB, you may cancel anytime before it goes live, wherever you ordered it from. You then have a  further 14-day cooling off period from when it goes live if you ordered by phone or online.

If you want to cancel during these times, phone EE & inform them.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 020 7362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
by Linda4 Investigator
Investigator

Re: Just signed up for fibre+ and upgrade handset. Can I cancel or suspend order

It was online. I wanted to reduce outgoings but I'm saving pennies and feel I'm signed to a too expensive and more than I need fibre package with the fibre+ and fastest line. 

Im lone household don't download films if play games. 

Worth asking for a cheaper package or nothing £17-24 per month with EE? 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

If you're on your own & don't watch films much, you could well only need standard ADSL BB. I manage with it & we stream TV programmes. Also you might not be able to get the speeds that Fibre Plus is for.

What does BT Broadband Availability Checker estimate for your phone number? Post just the whole table and the line above it, blanking out your phone number. If it doesn't recognise your phone number, use the Address Checker, not the Postcode Checker.

by Linda4 Investigator
Investigator

Thank you for your reply. It was over the phone to 150. Said the phone
would be here tomorrow, I paid delivery. But not dispatched yet and I'll
call them as I'm not sure what happens if I accept the phone or open the
box.

Linda
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

You may try it out & repackage it.

How do I cancel a contract within 14 days?

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.