by MattBerry Contributor
Contributor

HP Chromebook / Pixel 4 XL - EE Proof of Purchase not sufficient

Hi,

I attempted to claim my free HP Chromebook last week after purchasing my Pixel 4 XL a couple of weeks earlier.

I realised at the time that I didn't have a digital Proof of Purchase so contacted EE over chat.

They were very helpful and supplied a PoP immediately, unfortunately Google have rejected that saying "Document does not show the date of purchase. We cannot accept a 'date of supply/connection' as a valid date of purchase. Please send a proof of purchase containing the: date of purchase, retailer, and product."

Also saying "We must receive the missing information within 7 calendar days from receipt of this email or your claim will be marked as invalid."

I've spoken on Chat again this morning but all they could offer was the same PoP as previously supplied and "Try it again".

I've contacted Google directly but they've said they could take 2 days to respond. My concern being if the resend of the original is still not good enough (as I suspect) we're getting closer to that 7 day cut-off.

Any ideas on how I could get a PoP which shows a date of purchase rather than date of supply/connection?  

Thanks

Matt

15 REPLIES 15
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: HP Chromebook / Pixel 4 XL - EE Proof of Purchase not sufficient

Hi @MattBerry

Our proof of purchase documents are in a standard format. So, as the person on your chat mentioned, if we send another, it'll have the same information in it.

Where did you order? Was it online or over the phone? Did you get a confirmation email? They may be able to accept that along with your proof of purchase.

Chris 

by MattBerry Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for the response, Chris.

My original order was done over the phone. I'm a BT employee and I was put in contact with one of the sales team.

I didn't receive anything when placing the order, which was why I had to request a Proof of Purchase last week.

Any ideas on another route I could use to get something with a "date of purchase" on it?

Thanks

Matt

by

Hi there @MattBerry

Thanks for getting back to us. 

There is two options for a Proof of Purchase which are the following:

• Proof of purchase 
  • Proof of purchase - Gift with purchase

Are you aware which route was taken?

It may be worth contacting our mobile care team as a gift with purchase proof may have more detail. 

Katie 🙂

by Mvloves

Hi, I'd be grateful for some sound advice for this too, I have supplied documents that show everything they needed to know. 

Order number (as stated on EE order confirmation email) 

Date of purchase (dated order confirmation email) 

IMEI (on phone packaging)

Company ordered with (shown on EE confirmation email) 

Model of phone (stated on confirmation email).

Apparently this is not sufficient and they have asked for the delivery note (which I don't have, as I obviously received the phone two weeks ago). 

This is really sharp practice, seems to me Google are doing everything they can to not provide the free Chromebook as advertised. Really poor.  

by GrUbBy
Explorer

Just found same reject letter. Also sounds like a determined effort to avoid handing out the gloriously advertised free product. In buying Pixel 4 XL direct from EE I'd fully expect this to be a simple, logical process, 

I am being asked for proof of purchase, purchase date. Difficult to do when all correspondence was delivered via text message, mixed in amongst texts referring to the Broadband requested in the same phonecall....

Surely EE has enough clout with Google/Pixel claims etc to have some better joined up thinking. Promotion needs to be better supported in assisting any claim, claimants not left scrabbling to dig out information frantically in case the limited supply evaporate.

by

Hi @Mvloves and @GrUbBy.

Have a look at this Google Support page and check the frequently asked questions. There's also a form to fill out if you wish to be contacted by Google.

Jon 

by MattBerry Contributor
Contributor

Hi @Katie_B

Thanks for this. I've spoken to someone in the mobile team who was extremely helpful and although there wasn't an obvious route to fix it, they're doing what they can to get me a are trying to find a solution. 

As there's already a couple of other people complaining about this in this thread it might be worth having a word internally to see if there's something that can be done to streamline it.

@Mvloves @GrUbBy I'd recommend dialling 150 and speaking to someone.

I would say that a colleague of mine, who did receive a PoP for his order, had an accepted response from Google within minutes of uploading it. So they are accepting the orders when they've got the right information.

Thanks

Matt

by MattBerry Contributor
Contributor

Scratch my previous response!

The EE team have sent me an exception PoP that was supposed to have the information I needed but it's just exactly the same with Connection/Supply Date rather than Date of Purchase.

As Google have said I've got 7 days from their initial rejection or they'll just mark my application as invalid, something tells me this is just going to go round-and-round in circles and I'm not going to get the Chromebook. 

by pauljturner Investigator
Investigator

Hi, I'm in the same boat I think.  Had my initial claim rejected, now asking for a confirmation email but I didn't get one.  Rang EE and have been sent a PoP but it has supply/connection date rather than an invoice date so am expecting a rejection.

It's unacceptable that they aren't honouring the deal and that EE can't provide the right information after advertising the offer. I've provided them with a photo of the delivery invoice, a screenshot of the order and a screenshot of the confirmation text but they're still not happy. 

by pauljturner Investigator
Investigator

Update on this - just had confirmation that the claim was validated.  Hopefully, this means they are now accepting the PoP in place of the confirmation email.

by

Hi there @pauljturner

Thanks for the update and letting us know your claim has been accepted 🙂

Have a great day.

Leanne.

by MattBerry Contributor
Contributor

What a rollercoaster this has been!

My claim has also now been accepted.

Not sure if  it was the resend of the originally rejected PoP, the mail I sent to the contact form with he same PoP attached, or something's happened in the background between EE/Google, but we've got their in the end.

by

Glad this is now sorted for you @MattBerry

Thanks for the update 🙂

Leanne.

by colonel888
Visitor

Mine has been rejected with the POP EE and delivery not I received in store.

EE, are you doing anything to try and solve this for your customers? Imagining there'll be a lot of people trying to get out of their contracts when this fails.

by GrUbBy
Explorer

After first rejection I spoke again with EE. Sent in 2nd, ammended, details. Took 2 days to reject that also. Some what baffled and slightly aggrieved I filled in the contact request form above the claim details. 

Essentially stated some along the lines of..... I had, in good faith, been given all that EE can provide, they have the IMEI number, what else can be done!? Also suggested that such promotions from 2 prominent companies not being easily processed/using any joined up thinking is unprofessional and causes frustration and discontent.

Sent that in straight after 2nd rejection letter. Claim validated 5 minute later! Chuffed but also fuming, waited 2 days.to be rejected again for no reason clearly. 

The sceptical side of me thinks there is some level of ugly intention in their process of validation..

Hope everyone else sorts through the faff too....

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions