by oogle44 Contributor
Contributor

Friends and Family discount

Hi i have just ordered the new iPhone X and I have a friend who works for EE who is going to apply the friends and family discount for me who says it may take a few weeks to come on to my account, how much is the discount and will it be available straight away? I'm on the annual upgrade plan. 

Thanks 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by oogle44 Contributor
Contributor
Solution

Re: Friends and Family discount

So after another 20 minute phonecall and several emails between myself and an EE manager I am now at the conclusion that you have completely misinformed me again. I just spoke to another staff member who informed me that she herself had put the discount on this available plan and then was put through to the manager who 100% confirmed that the plan was eligible for the discount. They have also left a note on my account in case anything happens. 

Here is the transcript of the emails emails I had as well: 

(Me)

Hi Guys

If you could just have a look at this for me and double check that what this staff member on the community is telling me is definitely false I would really appreciate it.

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Offers/Friends-and-Family-discount/m-p/630228#M2617

Many thanks

Rowan

(EE Manager)
Tried to copy and paste original online internal document and also screenshot below you would need to remove the 5ukp discount once live but its defo available.

FAMILY AND FRIENDS
Here’s all the info you need to get 30% off the monthly cost of selected EE Customer and Small Business pay monthly plans.
1. Sign-up for an eligible plan – see the table, and things to know section, below – and you’ll get 30% off the monthly cost.
Device
Network
Monthly Plan cost
Contract length
Discount
Any phone
EE
- 4GEE Essential Plans - All
- 4GEE Plans - All
- 4GEE Max Plans (non-annual upgrade) - All
- 4GEE Max Plans (Annual upgrade) – 40GB, 60GB and 100GB plans only
- Small Business plans - £17 min
24 months min
30%
SIM-only
EE
Customer plans (excluding limited special offer) – All
Small Business plans (excl. limited special offer) – £12.50 min
12 months only
30%

(Me)

Hi 

Looking at the document you sent me it says that it is available on all annual upgrade plans: 40gb, 60gb and 100gb plans only.

But my plan is the promotional 25gb plan which has then been increased to 100gb.

This is what the staff member in the community is saying is not available.

So you are sure that it is definitely available on my plan?

Many thanks

Rowan

(EE Manager)

We don’t have 100gb tariff the only tariff available with 100gb is the promotional one please trust me on this

This is has been a huge waste of my time today. 

18 REPLIES 18
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Can' you ask your friend how much the discount Is?

I believe though it is 30%

BrendonH (Android Expert) - Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped you please click on the STAR/SOLUTION buttons below
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @oogle44,

Welcome to the EE Community.

The discount is currently 30%.

Your friend will be able to confirm which plans and devices are currently eligible.

Thanks

James

by oogle44 Contributor
Contributor

In relation to my plan and device it's an iPhone X on the annual upgrade plan. Are you not able to confirm this? 

That's why I came on here.

Thanks 

by

Hi @oogle44,

Which annual upgrade plan do you have?

Thanks

James

by oogle44 Contributor
Contributor

Hi James, it's the 25gb upped to 100gb annual upgrade plan 

thanks 

by

Hi @oogle44,

I'm afraid family and friends discount isn't available on promotional plans.

Thanks

James

by oogle44 Contributor
Contributor

So I would then like to change my plan to a non promotional one in order to receive the friends and family discount.

Which is the best plan you can offer based on this, and as I have already ordered, how can I go about changing it?

thanks 

by

Hi @oogle44,

Please get in touch and our sales team will take you through your options and help you cancel the plan you ordered.

Thanks

James

by oogle44 Contributor
Contributor

Just spent 20 mins on the phone to be told that what you informed me was completely incorrect and that it's available on any plan over 40gb of data 

cheers

by

Hi @oogle44,

It's available on all plans with over 40GB of data with the exception of the 100GB promotional plan.

I've confirmed this with our internal discounts team.

Thanks

James

by oogle44 Contributor
Contributor

I got the advisor to double check to tell me 100% what the correct answer to this was and on a recorded line he came back and told me that I was eligible, he even worked out exactly what I would be paying with the discount when it kicks in. Why am I getting conflicting answers on this, surely all staff should know the answer to this question? I don't want to have to waste my time ringing up again.

pretty bad customer service

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

The tariff you are on is not over 40GB. You are on a 25GB plan which is promoted up to 100GB.

So what you don' want is to wait until month 2 to find it hasn' been added and then it' too late to cancel.

BrendonH (Android Expert) - Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped you please click on the STAR/SOLUTION buttons below
by

Hi @oogle44,

I'm sorry you were given incorrect information when you called.

I can confirm the information I have posted is correct at this time.

Thanks

James

by oogle44 Contributor
Contributor
Solution

So after another 20 minute phonecall and several emails between myself and an EE manager I am now at the conclusion that you have completely misinformed me again. I just spoke to another staff member who informed me that she herself had put the discount on this available plan and then was put through to the manager who 100% confirmed that the plan was eligible for the discount. They have also left a note on my account in case anything happens. 

Here is the transcript of the emails emails I had as well: 

(Me)

Hi Guys

If you could just have a look at this for me and double check that what this staff member on the community is telling me is definitely false I would really appreciate it.

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Offers/Friends-and-Family-discount/m-p/630228#M2617

Many thanks

Rowan

(EE Manager)
Tried to copy and paste original online internal document and also screenshot below you would need to remove the 5ukp discount once live but its defo available.

FAMILY AND FRIENDS
Here’s all the info you need to get 30% off the monthly cost of selected EE Customer and Small Business pay monthly plans.
1. Sign-up for an eligible plan – see the table, and things to know section, below – and you’ll get 30% off the monthly cost.
Device
Network
Monthly Plan cost
Contract length
Discount
Any phone
EE
- 4GEE Essential Plans - All
- 4GEE Plans - All
- 4GEE Max Plans (non-annual upgrade) - All
- 4GEE Max Plans (Annual upgrade) – 40GB, 60GB and 100GB plans only
- Small Business plans - £17 min
24 months min
30%
SIM-only
EE
Customer plans (excluding limited special offer) – All
Small Business plans (excl. limited special offer) – £12.50 min
12 months only
30%

(Me)

Hi 

Looking at the document you sent me it says that it is available on all annual upgrade plans: 40gb, 60gb and 100gb plans only.

But my plan is the promotional 25gb plan which has then been increased to 100gb.

This is what the staff member in the community is saying is not available.

So you are sure that it is definitely available on my plan?

Many thanks

Rowan

(EE Manager)

We don’t have 100gb tariff the only tariff available with 100gb is the promotional one please trust me on this

This is has been a huge waste of my time today. 

by
Former EE Employee

Hi @oogle44

Thanks for your post.

We have been  investigating this for you and can confirm that the Friends and Family discount can be added to the promotional offer of 100GB for 25GB.

The info provided earlier was correct at the time.  I will make sure this info is shared within the community

Jon

by oogle44 Contributor
Contributor

The information provided earlier wasn't correct at the time because the manager I spoke to told me he received the email with all the details about the discount on Wednesday. 

It would have been better to just admit that I was misinformed and the staff member on here got it wrong.

as I said 40 minutes on the phone for no reason today because of info provided by a staff member who should be informed of this info anyway, never mind telling me I was misinformed by the staff member on the phone again after the first time I rang up.

A huge waste of my time and I'll just ring in future.

by tom96 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hello, I have a 60gb plan on iPhone X annual upgrade. Could you confirm whether it is elegible for Family and Friends discount? Also, how long do you have to apply the discount? 

by
EE Employee

Hi and welcome to the community @tom96

The discount can be applied within the first 6months of your contract, and the plan you are on is eligible.

Many thanks,

Lee

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.