cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free gift offer from EE,is this a scam?

Shauncoppock
Visitor

I received a notification from what looked like EE saying I'm eligible for a free gift. Went through a survey (no major details given away) and now it has routed me to a different page ([mod edit: removed to ensure safety]) - has anyone else had this and is it legitimate?

28 REPLIES 28
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Shauncoppock 

It's a scam. Don't follow the link, just delete the text.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Shauncoppock

Welcome to the community.

What number did the text come from? Could you please forward the message to 7726?

Find more information about reporting spam/phishing >

Chris

Had this pop up after clicking on a link from Google news page, is it a scam , free Samsung galaxy 10 from ee, for being a customer with you for so long, asked me loads of questions then redirected me to this website -: promosurvey1.net  

Read more

Katie_B

Good Morning @kcordier25

Thanks for coming to the community. 

I am not aware of free Samsung devices being given, please do not click on the link or enter any personal details. 

Katie 🙂

I got this as a pop up too. Looked very authentic with ee logo and even 'satisfied customers'. It said this promo is run every Sunday. Beware

Hi just a heads up just got this same thing pop up while on the internet via phone. 

Cheers

Hi,

Today i fell for this. Stupidly. The logo was professional and looked just like your EE one.

I thought EE (and the community) would like to know this scam is still going on.

I did get an email reply (the message originally just came up while I was browsing online) and the company says it is erler.com and it provides 'after services' for clients.

Hope EE can look into this.  Thanks all.

Leanne_T

Hi there @canadabex

Thanks for coming to the community and letting us know about this, I am sorry to hear this has happened to you.

If you have entered any bank details get in touch with your bank and let them know, if you can also make sure any password is changed in any accounts related to your email address.

If you still have the email can you forward this to phishing@ee.co.uk we will get this looked into.

You can find some useful tips on staying safe online in Spam and phishing - How to stay safe and report it.

Thanks.

Leanne.

Thanks very much Leanne,

I've forwarded the email separately, adn got in touch with my bank.
Appreciate your response.
Kind regards

--

[mod edit: please don't post personal information on the forum]