by TomN1710 Investigator
Investigator

Free gift link not working

Is anyone experiencing issues with the link sent via text to claim the free nintendo or tv? The webaite isn't loading for me.

20 REPLIES 20
by Cbhr90 Investigator
Investigator

Re: Free gift link not working

Yes it is not working for me either saying system error 

by ZoeCrowe Investigator
Investigator

Mine isn't working either. Have you had any luck since? 

by TomN1710 Investigator
Investigator

After speaking to customer services it seems that the servers are under too much load at the moment. Sounds like lots of people have had texts today so there's too many people trying to access the website.

by CruelBritannia Investigator
Investigator

Yeah it seems like the servers are overloaded but if you go to the normal ee website the ee websites working perfectly fine. Must be different servers  

by BeckieSquid17 Contributor
Contributor

Yes, the links for the Toshiba TV and Nintendo Switch aren't working 😞

I have called EE, who say the fault lies with Kondor and EE are essentially powerless to sort out the gifts as Kondor possess them all and dispatch them.

I have tried to call Kondor, and even though their opening hours are 08:30-17:30 Mon-Fri and I called within these times, they won't pick up the phone and it says their offices are closed, no doubt due to them being flooded with complaints.

I have sent Kondor an email in the hope of a fix for this, and also complained to the ASA.

The link is down because so many people are trying to access it, I guess we can only hope it eventually comes back up!

by Cbhr90 Investigator
Investigator

It let me get through but then asked for payment details starting I had to pay £330 but now back down again 

Highlighted
by ZoeCrowe Investigator
Investigator

It's not sounding very promising. The reason I took this contract was for the free gift. It was cheaper to take the contract for the phone I wanted with Vodafone. Not a great start for a new customer 

by James2k-19 Contributor
Contributor

Mine was doing the same it seemed to work when using mobile data better. Worth a try if you're using Wi-Fi. 

Contributor

I've had that happen too! My friend who is familiar with how these systems work suspects that the websites are experiencing so much demand that they load and cant register your unique customer link as being a xmas gift that you should get for free with your unique code. Instead, they load to a default shopping basket where just anyone could be buying a switch.

I'm gonna try the link later at night  when hopefully it isn't being clicked on by as many people! 

by CruelBritannia Investigator
Investigator

Hey guys. Just did it myself after the 8th or 9th time and finally was able to get my email confirming delivery of my toshiba TV. If you use EE's 4g network rather than WiFi it may work. Also if you get to the site and pick your gift and the discount is not working copy and past your unique code after accessories.ee.co.uk/ and put the code in the voucher code section. Good luck the site is so slow it must have hundreds of people all doing this at the minute. 

Contributor

Just finally had success redeeming a switch! 🙂

While repeatedly trying to claim my device, the link went down and said the page doesn't exist for a few minutes. It then came back up and worked a lot faster-looks like EE have done some work on the site and fixed it!

God, I'm so relieved. Good luck to everyone else!

by ZoeCrowe Investigator
Investigator

Finally got my TV successfully ordered ☺️. Thanks everyone & good luck to everyone still trying. It took me a good few times to try. So anyone still trying, use your 4g & just keep attempting ☺️. 

by Cbhr90 Investigator
Investigator

Hi guys so I dnt no if you have managed to but I sorted my free gift it sometimes takes a while to load though so be patient

Also if it comes up with you have to pay the cost all you need to do is click on add voucher and put in your code from the text it's a combo of numbers and letters 

Then it will day covered bu voucher or voucher redeemed

by vg2019
Explorer

Can someone tell me when you ordered your phones to receive the link? Was it over 14 days ago? 

Thanks in advance! 

by Cbhr90 Investigator
Investigator

Yes I received the text in day 15 with the link and everything that need to do 

by Paddy123
Visitor

This E E service Christmas gift of a free Toshiba 43 " TV option 4 me & other customers is not working.Despite we customer services representatives offering me a £30.00 discount.I have spent all Saturday afternoon & today waiting in on an ee telephone customer service operator,who did not...Rory...call me back at 11.30am in an ee business call.Then I was told by ..Matt that its hard/ difficult to locate an ee agency operator.Most dissatisfied & I want a senior ee service manager to contact me early on tomorrow with a direct delivery order & not me be advised as a long standing customer to contact the 3rd out sourced party.In an anticipated early response.S.Behan.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Paddy123

Sorry to hear about your experience, I've sent you a private message to get some more information from you.

Please take a look and get back to me.

Thanks

Chris

by Luckyducky1 Investigator
Investigator

Well I've been waiting 3 weeks for this so called text about my free gift. If I don't get it in the next 5 days I'm cancelling the contract I took out to get the free gift and I will also systematically cancel my other 4 contracts and broadband and go back to 3g with my custom. I pay EE £250 A MONTH with everything on my my account and I ain't being treated like a mug 

by PRW58ss--ss77
Visitor

I had trouble with it not working. I resolved it by clicking on the email link on my phone LINK STARTING  https:// accessories access straight away just took a few minuets,

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.