by Tbod2018 Investigator
Investigator

FA cup tickets competition entry text from EE - legit?

Hi just had a text purporting to be from EE.  Its offering the chance to win tickets to 2019 FA Cup final and wants me to click on the link in the text that will take me to discover.ee.co.uk 

have tried entering the url on a pc but it redirects to "http://asset.davinci-crm.com/assets/errorpage/error.html"  and returns error on page "Thanks for checking! The link you are looking for is no longer available."

Is this a legit text offer from EE and if so must it be done via mobile?

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: FA cup tickets competition entry text from EE - legit?

It does the same from a mobile.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Good Afternoon @Tbod2018

This is a current competition, please attempt clicking the link in the text message and let me know the outcome. 

@XRaySpeX have you received the text or have you tried to manually search this?

Speak soon, 

Katie 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

No, @Katie_B , I've not received the text. I'm not even on EE. I just went to discover.ee.co.uk .

@Tbod2018 : What is the exact link in the text?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Katie_B , I received the text ok, it was to do with 5G roaming and could register just reply YES to the message and will be entered into the competition, so could be a different one as there are several incredible prizes, like tickets the UEFA Champions League Final Emirates FA Cup Final etc, if this helps.

by

Thanks for letting us know @Schockwave, I do believe there is more than one on going competition. 

However it's great to hear you have successfully been entered :). 

Katie

Highlighted
by Tbod2018 Investigator
Investigator

Hi using the url on a pc now works - have entered 🙂

thanks all for help

by

Good luck to you both and have a fabulous weekend  @Schockwave @Tbod2018 🙂

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Thank you @Katie_B , you too, have a fabulous weekend!

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.