by
Visitor

Exisiting customers get the worst deals... as usual.

After telephoning EE to enquire about an upgrade to a Pixel 4 XL I was offered:

60gb Data

Unlimited Calls and Texts

No Upfront Charge

£45 per month

A deal I would prefer, which is available on the Carphone Warehouse website, is apparently unavailable to me:

45gb Data

Unlimited Calls and Texts

Upfront Charge £49.99

£36 Per Month

Firstly, why would this deal not be made available to me as an existing customer looking to upgrade.

Secondly, I was told by the customer service assistant that I wouldn't be able to transfer my existing number if I took that deal through Carphone Warehouse. Is this true?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Exisiting customers get the worst deals... as usual.

@Ross_W   If you took the deal at the carphone warehouse you’ll need to transfer your number to a PAYG sim to then port it your new EE account as that is what you would be doing if it’s not an upgrade but a new contract. 

what deals the carphone warehouse offer you is down to them not EE,  the device is from the carphone warehouse but the line is from EE. 

the carphone warehouse gets better commission for new contracts than upgrades but it’s more hassle for you to move your number to that new contract. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Exisiting customers get the worst deals... as usual.

@Ross_W   If you took the deal at the carphone warehouse you’ll need to transfer your number to a PAYG sim to then port it your new EE account as that is what you would be doing if it’s not an upgrade but a new contract. 

what deals the carphone warehouse offer you is down to them not EE,  the device is from the carphone warehouse but the line is from EE. 

the carphone warehouse gets better commission for new contracts than upgrades but it’s more hassle for you to move your number to that new contract. 

View solution in original post

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.