by ChrisJC2012 Contributor
Contributor

DPD and the Nintendo Switch Offer

Good afternoon. 

I have tried calling through to talk to someone on the phone, as well as trying to use the live chat to talk to someone about this but have been unable to due to not having an option on the phone and getting sent in a loop. 

I got a text yesterday telling me that my Switch would be delievered today, have a link for DPD tracking and was told I would get a text today before 11am telling me what time my Switch would be delivered. 

I've been looking on the DPD link since 11am, refreshing multiple times, and I'm a bit concerned with the fact that it says DPD doesn't even have my package..... so why did I get a text telling me that it was coming today, also making me have to make sure I'm in all day. 

I either need someone to call me to discuss this or a direct number to Customer Service to talk about this. 

26 REPLIES
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: DPD and the Nintendo Switch Offer

No one will phone you from here. You need to call CS. Use the nos. in my sig.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 0207 362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC = 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Contributor

I have been calling 150 from my phone which puts me through to the same options as the freephone number, but I can't seem to get through to anyone in the right department, or anyone at all. 

The delivery section tells me what I already know, about recieving texts etc, but that's not what I need to ask about. 

There isn't just a "For any other queries press #" option, it's about upgrading, cancelling or addons, not just general help or customer services.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Try calling Customer Services on +44 800 956 6000 (option 2, option 4) .

__________________________________________________________________________________________
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 0207 362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC = 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by SAJ2 Investigator
Investigator

I've had exactly the same scenario today. I rang up EE customer services at 11am when I didn't receive a text and was told it would be delivered between 1 and 2pm today. Looking back, the person I spoke to seemed very unsure of themselves and I suspected they might be just fobbing me off. Sure enough, it's 3. 30 and still no sign of the package and DPD still indicate on their tracking details they don't have it yet. I rang customer services again at 2pm and was told they they would have to call me back later as their systems are down. And I've taken the day off work to receive the package. Awful. 

Contributor

Yeah that's what happened when I called at about 2pm.

I've just spoken to someone on the Live chat and they say it's still down.

I guess this means having to have another day at home at some point waiting for a delivery.

Worries me that DPD apparently don't have it though... why would we get the text messages?

Also, thank you both for responding Smiley Happy

by Riley1 Investigator
Investigator

I'm having the same problem! Got my text saying it'll be delivered today, I changed it to go to my local DPD pick up point.

Still not had a text to say it's arrived, and yes it states dpd haven't received it.

Can't get through to customer services, and the ee website is down along with the app, has anyone had any joy?

by SAJ2 Investigator
Investigator

No joy here I'm afraid. Had a call back at 5.15 and was told systems are still down so no way of EE staff checking delivery status. Fuming. 

by Loulang Investigator
Investigator

I have had the exact same issue. Received a text yesterday saying delivery today & I would have my one hour time slot by 2pm yesterday but nothing. 

Dpd link keeps saying no parcel received ! 

Beginning to wonder if it's been dispatched at all ? 

by dor
Visitor

I'm in the same boat, Received text saying the Switch would be delivered today by DPD with a one hour slot notified to me by 11am. No delivery yet, and the DPD tracker says they haven't received the parcel. Seems like a general issue today. 

by Riley1 Investigator
Investigator

I'm wondering the same. I had a bit of a panic, especially seeing as customer services can't help...

Hopefully they're all in the depot and will get sent out tomorrow. 

It's very strange though, I got my text on the weekend to say it was processed, then another to say it was coming today . Not so much I'm worried that I won't be in, just that someone will tell me it's not coming at all, or been lost! 

by SAJ2 Investigator
Investigator

Have just been told systems still down and will need to wait until tomorrow morning for a call back... 

by Riley1 Investigator
Investigator

Let us know how you get on, I've still had no luck! 

I wonder if this system outage has affected all orders and it's not just our switches?? Smiley Sad

by SAJ2 Investigator
Investigator

Yeah, could well be that. Will let you know if I get anywhere tomorrow. 

Contributor

I've just checked the DPD link that was texted to me again and NOW it says that it is going to be delivered tomorrow. I called EE who was able to confirm that he was seeing it his end as well.

So check your DPD links again, folks. Might have just been a bit of a **bleep** up somewhere down the line.

by Loulang Investigator
Investigator

Checked my link again & no change ! Still says they haven't recieved my parcel !  

Think I will have to call customer services. 

by Loulang Investigator
Investigator

What options did you press to speak to Customer services ? I don't really hear an appropriate option ? 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Loulang: Try calling Customer Services on +44 800 956 6000 (option 2, option 4) .

Contributor

I had to call from my landline, as whenever I was calling from my mobile, it was automatically putting me straight through to the "Already an EE Customer" side of things.

When I called from my landline, I was able to choose "I want to join EE (option 2)" and then "General queries (option 4)", but they will be closed now I think (if I heard the guy correctly, I think he said 9 was when they closed).

by Riley1 Investigator
Investigator

Yep, they are closed now. Some work up until 10pm.

I'll call tomorrow and hopefully get a bit more information, I've just read on here they're having troubles accessing accounts today, so to call again tomorrow.

It's really annoying not knowing! 

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.