by LORIMER563 Investigator
Investigator

Claim My Gift - A40 with Nintendo Switch

Hi, 

I recently started a new contract with EE, and as it came with a gift of the Nintendo Switch this is what swung it in favour of me joining. 

However, the staff member instructed me to wait till this week and then enter www.claimmygift.co.uk to process the deal. 

Every time I enter this I'm redirected to some sort of survey for smiles. Why is that happening if not a legitimate deal from EE. Not a very good impression for a new customer. 

Needless to say I ain't smiling and need direction from yourselves to claim the deal that I purchased the phone with. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Claim My Gift - A40 with Nintendo Switch

When you ordered you should have seen:

Here's how it works:

•  

Select your preferred plan and place your order.

Within a week you'll recieve a text message confirming your purchase.

After 14 days we’ll send you another text with instructions on how to order your gift.

We'll then dispatch your gift within 7 working days.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

View solution in original post

58 REPLIES 58
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

When you ordered you should have seen:

Here's how it works:

•  

Select your preferred plan and place your order.

Within a week you'll recieve a text message confirming your purchase.

After 14 days we’ll send you another text with instructions on how to order your gift.

We'll then dispatch your gift within 7 working days.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

View solution in original post

by LORIMER563 Investigator
Investigator

Would have been good if this had of been explained (but was not) and didn't see it as purchased in store. 

All I got was after 1 week go to www.claimmygift.co.uk which as I said goes to to some random search??? Surely that's not right either. 

I will await a text this week and instructions next to explain. 

Thanks  

by AgentCole Contributor
Contributor

Yeah I've just had a similar thing with the order of a phone with Switch. These things should be laid out clearly before ordering and they weren't. Despite the reply above I can attest to the fact that none of the actual details were explained anywhere. Let's hope that this is a 2019 Switch model as they stated (I took screenshots in case) and that it gets here before Christmas otherwise I'll be complaining. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @AgentCole,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

You can find everything you need to know in Christmas 2019 gift with purchase.

Hope this helps.

James

by Ashleyaish1987

Hi I have had my Samsung a40 and not received my text to claim anything I have had my contract for more than 14 days 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @Ashleyaish1987

Thanks for coming to the community.

If you get in touch with our Mobile Care team on 150, they will be able to get this looked into for you.

Let us know how you get on 🙂

Leanne.

by jason22 Investigator
Investigator

Hi

I am a little confused,  firstly when going to the link you provide which is very detailed, I don't understand why it's not showing from the main website or at any point during the order process.

secondly, it states if still connected within 14 days you will get a text, well I have purchased this as a Christmas present so therefore will not he connected until then, so that means I wont get a text until some time after that or if at all dependant on how you have set you system up, either way to late for Christmas.

Thirdly in a blatant attempt to get people to purchase this deal on your website it's easy, get phone, 14 days later get text, 7 days for delivery which means for most it will be close, I think everyone would agree. However on the link you have sent, https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/offers-and-services/promotions/christmas-2019-gift-with-purchase, this states the below

Within 5 working days of purchase you will receive an SMS confirming your purchase and T&C’s.

If you are still connected after 14 days, you will receive another SMS containing a link. This unique link will take you to a landing page on our accessory site (managed by our partner Kondor) where you can choose your gift (see point 2 for choices), which will automatically be free to you when added to the basket when going directly from the link.

Then you’ll just need to enter your shipping details and it will arrive within 30 working days.

So anyone ordering it now would be highly unlikely to receive this gift by Christmas, some christmas gift.

This breaks ASA Guidlines, please.advise how you are going to guarantee Christmas gifts for Christmas, I see this as misselling based on small print hidden away that you cant find unless dear Hinton here, Needs to be clear on your advertisement that Christmas gift needs to be redeemed through third party website and that deliver for  Christmas cannot he guaranteed.

I await your response

a customer who is putting a second line onto his already massivemobthky bill for his samsung fold with you.

Jason Howell

by AgentCole Contributor
Contributor

Yep. They are purposefully misleading people here and being light on detail unless you directly ask. Thanks for the heads up on the ASA guidelines. I'll be looking into them and any other consumer rights information I can so that should I not receive the 'Christmas Gift' by Christmas I can go to town on these guys. Balls in your court EE, let's see if you can deliver what you said you would. I won't be blaming Kondor for this mess, it will be the people I entered into a phone contract with. 

by NicolaSnedx Contributor
Contributor

Have to agree here ! I am 5 days after claiming my gift and when i ask about it i was told 3-5 days for delivery. Then was told delivery within 7 days. Now that has now jumped to 30 days. Im not holding much hope on it coming for christmas if im honestly it is totally misleading. 

by AgentCole Contributor
Contributor

Hmmm. Starting to think about cancelling this contract now and just buying my kids a Switch. Then once the contract on my current phone expires I'll move elsewhere. Can't stand dishonesty like this. These people are happy to increase their sales and profits at the cost putting families in difficult positions around the Christmas period. Can't say I want to do business with people like that. 

by TomN1710 Investigator
Investigator

We've had the same issue with the free gift. We were mis-sold based on the timescales, which have now jumped up to a possible 60 days in total before the free gift will arrive.

We were told we can't cancel as it's after 14 days and there's no cooling off period. 

We're left trying to decide whether to just buy a switch and try to sell the one that arrives from EE in the new year.

Terrible way to treat their customers, mis-selling at it's very best from EE. We were told by 150, that as the website says you'll recieve your claim text after 14 days, it can arrive any time after that. 365 days is 'after' 14 days. Are we to expect this timescale? No...because that's not what is suggested in your advertising.

by jason22 Investigator
Investigator

hi

interesting, I've already put a claim into ASA so they can handle it, funny enough complained directly to EE and no reply.

if you are going to do this type of promotion, you do it so phone turns up and gift sent 21 days after automatically.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

The more the merrier going to ASA 😉 !

by AgentCole Contributor
Contributor

Yeah I'm going to do the same. Just asked them on twitter if they guarantee the 'Christmas Gift' for Christmas. I doubt I'll get a response but it is more ammunition to use against them with my complaint to the ASA. 

by jason22 Investigator
Investigator

just had an email stating how it works still saying deliver within 7 days and there link that states how to claim says allow up to 30 working days, then marked it as solved.

this is fat from solved

by AgentCole Contributor
Contributor

Yep. They are ignoring my messages on social media and I've put in a complaint to the ASA this morning. I don't see how they have a leg to stand on with their website stating it is a '2019 Christmas Gift' when you apparently receive a text 14 days after you have started the contract and then they deliver 30 working days after that. My contract began on 18 November so I can expect a text on 2 December. There are only 16 working days between then and Christmas Day. 

by NicolaSnedx Contributor
Contributor

I had to live chat them to get them to make sure my text was sent to me to claim, and to be fait it did come through on my new number on the 14th day. I claimed the gift been waiting for delivery and has been passed about something awlful. I eventually contacted Kondor who supply the ‘free gift’. They were able to track it for me , it was due for delivery by DHL today. Tracked it when i woke up, suprise suprise there has been a problem, please contact the sender ! Honestly just when i think im getting somewere, will keep posted if it does actually arrive. I do suggest calling them or live chat as thats what seemed to work for me. Good luck.

by Zaraja Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone actually received their free switch? 

I got the claim text on Friday and followed thr link. All seemed to go through fine but not had any further email/text with expected delivery date. I gave called the suppliers and was told its on the system but as per terms and cons it can take up to 28 days for delivery. She wasnt very helpful to be honest. 

I'm wondering if anyone has yet to receive the switch or tv? I'll be calling them again tomorrow 

by AgentCole Contributor
Contributor

I'm generally not keen on doing this but given how shoddy their communication has been on this, I think the way forward is to submit as many ASA complaints as possible (the process was quite quick and took me about 10 minutes), and pepper their social media and phone lines with complaints about this. I know Hanlon's Razor says 'never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by stupidity' but they must be well aware that the '2019 Christmas Gift' isn't actually going to arrive for Christmas and they are hiding away from it now they have people signed up to two year contracts. If it helps anyone then the wording of my complaint to the ASA is below. Feel free to use it as a template. 

EE are advertising a '2019 Christmas Gift' when upgrading to another phone. When going through the process of upgrading, at no point did they explain how to claim this gift. Once I had made the order and didn't receive information on how to apply for the gift I posted on their community message forums to ask how to claim (https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Offers/Claim-My-Gift-A40-with-Nintendo-Switch/m-p/842508#M6838). It was at this point that they directed me to the following web page. https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/offers-and-services/promotions/christmas-2019-gift-with-purchase

As you can see it states 'Within 5 working days of purchase you will receive an SMS confirming your purchase and T&C’s. If you are still connected after 14 days, you will receive another SMS containing a link. This unique link will take you to a landing page on our accessory site (managed by our partner Kondor) where you can choose your gift (see point 2 for choices), which will automatically be free to you when added to the basket when going directly from the link. Then you’ll just need to enter your shipping details and it will arrive within 30 working days.' I think it is false advertising to call this a '2019 Christmas Gift' when they are advising that it could take 5 working days, plus 14 days, plus an additional 30 days for delivery. Had I been made aware of this at the time I wouldn't have upgraded my phone. I'm now left in the position of blindly hoping that this 'Christmas Gift' actually arrives in time for Christmas or my children are going to be extremely disappointed. The only other alternative is to spend £300 (in addition to the £150 I have just spent upgrading my phone, and the higher monthly tariff I am now on). I think it is disgusting that EE would place their sales and profits ahead of their customers well-being at a difficult and stressful time of year.

I have tried contacting EE via social media and their community forums, but they are now ignoring my messages.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.