by Neo1972 Investigator
Investigator

Re: Claim My Gift - A40 with Nintendo Switch

Watching with interest as I've recently taken out a new contract for this offer. As I was already with EE and will be swapping my existing EE sim/number into the new phone can i confirm that the gift text will be sent to this existing number?

Thanks in advance.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Neo1972.

Yes, the text will be sent to the number that you've upgraded as part of this offer 🙂

Jon

by Neo1972 Investigator
Investigator

That's great Jon, thanks.

by LORIMER563 Investigator
Investigator

Text from DHL to say they have the parcel and arranged for delivery within 48hrs.

Hopefully this will be the end to the matter. If so then EE have as detailed process online been 100pc, however the matter still stands as to what the floor staff on the high street are communicating to potential customers.

by MD10 Investigator
Investigator

Just to give anyone reading some reassurance, I recieved my Switch this morning. I received the text to claim it on Monday (3 days ago), placed the order through the link in the text on Tuesday morning (2 days ago), received a text from DHL early this morning giving me a 2 hour delivery slot for today and I now have it! 

In terms of timescales, from initially  taking out the contract to receiving the gift, it's been a total of 19 days.

by Zaraja Contributor
Contributor

My switch arrived today aswell. Claimed last Friday, got a message off DHL this morning and arrived this afternoon.

by

Thanks for the update @Zaraja 🙂

Enjoy your Switch.

Leanne 🙂

by kennfhill74 Investigator
Investigator

It will be sent to the new SIM...mine was
by Nikkiroxy2019

Hi can you forward me the link at all ? As it's the 14th day for me today and received no text 

by Lauzie-xx Investigator
Investigator

I received my text on the 15th day.

I don't think re-using links would be advised or even work as they're appended with unique codes which I guess, are unique to each person.

My Nintendo Switch is arriving today.

by Howard48 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Nikkiroxy2019 hello did u receive your link as I'm also waiting for one to be sent. How many days did u wait please ??

by Nicolem111411 Investigator
Investigator

Hi, can you send me the link to get the free switch please. It's not unique as they say and just leads to the website where you enter your imei number. I accidentally deleted mine today and ee said it could take 4 days to receive a new one and cut off for xmas delivery is friday. I'm having a nightmare 

by Lauzie-xx Investigator
Investigator

It is unique.

I never had to enter an IMEI number either did you order the phone online ? I got mine in store.

Investigator

Ahh ok thanks hun, in the past you had to enter the imei number and that was what verified your gift. Thanks for getting back to me I appreciate it 

by

Good Morning @Nicolem111411

Thanks for coming to the community. 

When did you speak to our customer service team?

Katie 🙂

Highlighted
Investigator

Hi yesterday afternoon just really worried I'm not going to get it for xmas now as kondor said cut off for xmas delivery is friday at latest

by

Thanks for confirming this @Nicolem111411

I have sent you a private message, please take a look and get back to me. 

Katie 🙂

by Howard48 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Surprise surprise, rang kondor and it's just ringing. I got my text for gift link but they won't answer the phone when I call them.. why does this have to be so difficult. Why can't people just get the gift with the phone like virgin do.  Having to wait weeks is unacceptable.. 

by AgentCole Contributor
Contributor

Ridiculous isn't it. I ordered the phone on 18 November and I'm still waiting for the gift. Apparently it is due for delivery on Monday but I'll believe it when I see it. One thing for sure is that my memory is good enough to never use EE again once this contract is up. This process has given me a glimpse into their shady business practices and non existent customer service. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.