Highlighted
by markmcl9 Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Amazon video

After having 3 days of getting bt sport to finally work with the help of EE thank you, I signed up for my 6 month amazon video account yesterday straight forward or I thought it was, however checking bank account amazon have taken out a months subscription £7.99 prime, can someone please help me on this as I followed all links input pin code, and also created second account when I check both amazon accounts they state I am not a prime member, sorry for long winded post but I can't figure this one out!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Team
Solution

Re: Amazon video

Hi @markmcl9,

Thanks for coming back to me.

Before you cancel it, I would speak to our customer care team. They will be able to see if your subscription has been set up correctly via EE or not.

If it has been set up and you cancel it, you wont be able to register for it again.

Alex 🙂

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@markmcl9   Why did you create a 2nd account?  

Valued Contributor

Only reason I added second account was I've had original amazon account for years( not prime), and I m sure I read that I would need to create a 2nd account.,  for the offer unless I've misunderstood, anyway I received email from amazon with usual welcome to prime etcetc, at bottom of email it stated if I need to cancel contact EE, so I assumed I was set up, I have tried to cancel my original account but I can't find link!

by
EE Community Team

Hi @markmcl9,

Welcome to the community 🙂

To set up Amazon Prime Video Pass you can use an existing Amazon account.

If you already have an Amazon Prime subscription, you will need to cancel this first. If you have set up and Amazon Prime account that is not through EE, you can go to www.amazon.co.uk/gp/primecentral/.

If you have correctly set up the Amazon Prime Video Pass through EE, your subscription will show active in the add-ons section of your My EE Account.

Alex 🙂

Valued Contributor

Hi Alex, thanks for the reply, I have now cancelled my main amazon account don't really use this anymore, when I set up my prime account I used link EE sent me and Amazon have taken  monies out of my account, is it worth me cancelling add on and trying again?

by
EE Community Team
Solution

Hi @markmcl9,

Thanks for coming back to me.

Before you cancel it, I would speak to our customer care team. They will be able to see if your subscription has been set up correctly via EE or not.

If it has been set up and you cancel it, you wont be able to register for it again.

Alex 🙂

View solution in original post

Valued Contributor

Thanks Alex will do 

Valued Contributor

Just got of phone to 

EE cs, who confirmed my amazon is set up for 6 months, now onto Amazon for my refund

by
EE Community Support Team

Keep us updated on what happens, @markmcl9.

Chris

Valued Contributor

Just an update contacted Amazon once I found number!, spoke to an advisor who confirmed my EE offer is free for 6 months, but he could not help me as to why I have had monies taken out of my account, went through the usual checks sending me email tied to account, which I received he also said another email account was tied to my account, and he sent that email off I of course did not receive that, I now have to wait 48 hours to see if that person contacts me!!!, then ring amazon back for a refund, I have asked for them to close my other account down immediately, sorry for long post but feeling frustrated with amazon, btw freephone no. For amazon is 08002792734

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for the update, @markmcl9

That sounds frustrating. Hopefully they get to the bottom of it soon.

Chris

Valued Contributor

I've sent email off to CEO, as not good enough on Amazon's part, however EE have been excellent

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.