cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

20% discount to upgrade to a pay monthly contract - not eligible?

HMorgan61
Explorer

I have been thinking about upgrading to a pay monthly contract and the website was saying I would get a 20% discount but when I sent the text to see if I was eligible it says I'm not? This is weird because I've been with EE my whole life, since it was Orange. Which frankly makes me feel wholly unappreciated and thinking I should go elsewhere since I'm clearly not valued here. Also having to pay for customer service calls is ridiculous. I do not have time to pay for the privilege to be put on hold for an hour on my lunch break. what happened to the online live chat feature?

3 REPLIES 3
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @HMorgan61 

What does the 20% discount T&C say? Do quality for the offer? 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

This is what is says on the T&Cs page:

20% Pay As You Go to Pay Monthly saving: Customers switching from PAYG will receive a 20% discount when switching to a Pay Monthly plan that includes a handset or a £4 monthly discount when switching to any SIM. Only available to PAYG customers that have been with us for at least one month and have used their PAYG SIM in the last 30 days. Monthly discount on these plans ends when you renew, upgrade or change plans or at the end of your plan, whichever happens first. Monthly discount applies to monthly recurring charge only (excludes upfront cost and add-ons).

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @HMorgan61

Thanks for coming to the community, 

If you get a message saying you're not eligible for the discount, please give us a call on 150. The team will be happy to help. 

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.