Highlighted
by cecollier
Visitor

not registered to network or getting mm phone not allowed for voice notification

Hi, 

recently bought a secondhand S9 that's locked to the EE network, and a new EE sim to officially port over from an old Orange sim.

I have registered the new sim with myEE yet when i insert into the new phone i get the emergency calls only and not registered to network when attempting to make a call. 

I've tried to manually set the network to EE but it says "unable to connect, try again later" and a notification stating " no service, selected network (EE) not available". 

Originally thought it could be a sim issue but it works perfectly in a different phone.

Any input would be great, thanks.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: not registered to network or getting mm phone not allowed for voice notifica

@cecollier  It probably is the device and it’s probably network blacklisted.   You’ll need to call customer services to verify this and unfortunately there is nothing you can do if it is blacklisted as the device has been reported lost/stolen by the original owner and only the original owner can request the blacklist to be removed.  

And if your mighting over from Orange you don’t need to get a sim you need to call customer services todo this as your number will migrate over to the new sim number.  

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: not registered to network or getting mm phone not allowed for voice notifica

@cecollier  It probably is the device and it’s probably network blacklisted.   You’ll need to call customer services to verify this and unfortunately there is nothing you can do if it is blacklisted as the device has been reported lost/stolen by the original owner and only the original owner can request the blacklist to be removed.  

And if your mighting over from Orange you don’t need to get a sim you need to call customer services todo this as your number will migrate over to the new sim number.  

by Grand Master
Grand Master

The phone could be blacklisted. The S9 is relatively new. The original owner might not paid his bills or sold it within the 6 months it is still EE's property. This is a common fraud with 2nd hand phones found on the Web.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by acepaul Established Contributor
Established Contributor

If you buy a second hand phone and it works, call customer services and tell them you just got it, so if original owner does do a fast one, less chance of being bricked

PAYING ORANGE “OUT HERE” CUSTOMER WHO WAS ROBBED FROM IT BY EE NEVER TRY TOO COMMICATE TO “MA” HE IS TO RUDE TO REPLY
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@acepaul : Won't make an iota of diff. If original owner defaults or commits a fraud EE will not take any account of the present 2nd-hand owner. EE have no contract for the handset with him & therefore have no obligation towards him. Indeed the 2nd-hand owner can be considered an accomplice to the fraud or receiver of stolen goods.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.